Cant stop thinking. I am quite imaginative and whenever I go to sleep, I think and create situations that has no meaning. How to stop and relax my brain before sleep?

Andrea McDonald, MSW, LICSW

It is important to know that you are not alone, life can be difficult I am here to help you navigate and resolve issues that can feel overwhelming.

SeekApotheosis50
Sounds like you have a gift for creativity - is there any way you can channel that gift in a way that lets you express yourself before you need to wind down to sleep?
wonderfullRainbow98
Being productive throughout your day will help you sleep better at night; also meditation before sleep can help relax the body and mind. Listen to peaceful / calming music and try to clear your mind entirely before getting into bed. If that isn't possible, override your thoughts with something positive and enjoyable!
Juliax3x
Think about the next day, think about how you'll wake up, what song you turn as first. Think about one good thing you have to do like: I go meet my friends In the park or: I'm gonna watch my favourite movie and order food. Wish you good luck in trying and improving some techniques
Anonymous
February 3rd, 2020 8:47pm
It helps me a lot to find a routine and stick to it. If you condition yourself to, for example, only lay in your bed when you are exhausted enough to pass out, you will associate your bed with sleep. You can also build habits that help you sleep, like taking a warm shower/bath, using certain essential oils or lotions with soothing scents like lavender, drinking hot tea, and meditating(which can be difficult). You may also benefit from listening to soothing meditation or study music that provides you with something to focus on to help limit wandering thoughts. Visualization exercises can also be really helpful. Good luck!