How does physical health relate to sleeping well?

Australia

Lauren Brody, Bachelor in Psychological Science, Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychology

I work in supporting individuals in reclaiming their lives from overwhelming thoughts and emotions and help them to take control

handsomeRiver26
The body is one organism that acts like a whole unit, If one part in the system is effected badly that whole system is effected as a result.
Anonymous
Physical health is deeply integrated with achieving a restful sleep each night. Sleep allows your body to rebuild and regroup, from accelerating wound repair to reorganizing the things you've learned over the past day.
wonderfulMagic99
Physical health can be a huge factor with the ability to sleep well. It's difficult to cover the complex relationship between the two in one post! Taking certain medications, breathing difficulties, and pain can negatively impact sleep. If naps are needed due to fatigue during the day, that can affect sleeping quality at night. These are only some of the ways physical health relates to sleep.
Anonymous
Sleeping well relates to all manner of things when it comes to physical health. This includes your rate of healing during times of illness, how well you care for your body and how much water you drink. They're directly linked!
zaix
I'm not completely sure but I know they are linked together, I always though it was based on the fact that you're working your body and it makes you more tired and that leads to better sleep.
CGiggles
If you are in good physical health that would mean you are pretty active in you life which can leave you exhausted at the end of the day in order to sleep well
Mztrulybeautiful
Well from personal experience, lack of sleep can cause a lot of physical problems. I've stayed up a long time and my sleeping schedule had been very off. When that happened, I had a lot of problems with my vision, experienced a lot of pain, being super tired & stiff, etc. So many health problems. That's why sleep is so important. More important than you might think.
Anonymous
Taking care of our physical health is very important and insures that our bodies work how they are supposed too. Exercise and staying active assure that our bodies stay strong and healthy which makes sleeping at the end of the day much easier and more important.
Anonymous
Sleep and physical health are so so tightly related. When you sleep, it is your body's time to heal. When you're not getting enough sleep, your body doesn't get it's healing time.