How much sleep should I get daily?

Meredith Seltzer, LPC

The therapeutic relationship can assist you in accomplishing your goals and clarifying your wants and needs. As a skilled counselor and therapist I will help you along the way

Anonymous
8 hours is the ideal amount of sleep if that's possible for you .This ensures that your body goes through the proper measures to renew body, mind and spirit .
Anonymous
depending on your age it may be more or less but usually not any less than 8hours or any more than 12hours, the average for 13-16-year-olds is 10/11 hours, for 17-20-year-olds 9/10 hours and for adults 8/10 hours per night.
BlueRoseAoiBara
Usually from 6 to 9 hours. I usually sleep for 8 hours as that was the amount of sleep needed to make me feel like I have fully rested on the next morning.
Estreyas
On average it is recommended about 8 hours a night. If you are struggling to sleep it could be worth looking into relaxation techniques or mindfulness approaches
freefromworries
It all depends on the person and your age! While it is widely known that babies need a lot of sleep, after that, it seems like no one else needs a lot of sleep. Kids can sleep less, but teenagers need more sleep as well. Adults need less. That being said, every individual is different, so any given amount could be wrong, depending on the person.
Shadow182218
Moat doctors say 8 through 12 hours a day but if you run on less than 6 hours you won't be able to fully function
Allychy13
You should get at least eight hours, or enough that you feel comfortable. Some experts say that they older you get, the less sleep you're required. But it's best to speak to your doctor and get confirmation on what amount you as a person needs.
Zozzie
As much as feels natural - if you can, go to bed when you feel tired, and let your body wake up when it's ready... It is obviously hard in a world like this, but trying that will give you some insight, like, how much time you need to sleep to not be tired...
Anonymous
Depending on your age, teens should get 8-9 hours and adults should get about the same amount as teens.
Anonymous
I suppose it depends on how you do in everyday life. I know people who don't need anymore than 6, and sometimes try to get off of less. When we're growing into the people we'll eventually be, it might be good to get 8-12 hours. 12 hours sounds crazy! But sometimes life hits you harder than usual and you have sleep it off. I know I have to sometimes, and it's just what it is. Whether you go off of what statistics or facts say, or how many hours you should get daily. Even if you have to wake up at 6AM and go to work or school for a couple of hours. Naps are great too. Even a small cat nap is enought o get me ready for the rest of the day.
beautifulLion03
Every person has different needs but in general, teens need 9 hours and adults 8 but that depends on other factors like what you are eating or how much exercise do you do...
Anonymous
To stay fit and healthy a minimum of 8 hours sleep is definitely needed daily, thats the way to be always joyful and happy
LunaRose
March 3rd, 2017 12:04pm
How much sleep you need can depend on your age, diet and lifestyle in general. There is not a set limit, however both over and under sleeping can have an affect on your mood and health. Try going to bed a little earlier and see if you feel more refreshed in the morning!
Anonymous
It really varies from person to person. The idea that everyone needs 8 hours is a myth, although it is true for lots of people. Children tend to need more sleep, and adults need less as they age. There is a range of what is normal, but really you should try and work out what is the best amount for you to be able to function at your best. You can try working that out by using a sleep log, or sleep apps, or by journalling if you want to see what works best for you individually; but bear in mind that it may change for you over time, and if you are sick or well and other factors may come into play too. I hope that helps. Sleep well! :)
Anonymous
Depends on your age and lifestyle, to be honest. Sometimes, it even depends on your genetics! The suggested sleep time for teenagers is 8-10 hours, whilst for young adults it is 7-9 hours. Some people make do with just four or five and still manage to go through their day quite energetically. You should try out different sleeping hours and figure out what's best for you according to your own lifestyle and priorities!
Anonymous
Our body needs rest so that it can function effectively throught the day so according to the studies it is said that one should sleep for at least 7-8 hours a day which will not only help us to improve our productivity but creates joy around us.
EricaAnne
Preferably 7-8 hours. Your body needs time to recharge so you have sufficient energy for the day. Exhaustion is the leading cause of poor health and you need the rest to sustain your immunity. Good sleep gives you a fresh start to your day and helps you work more efficiently. Efficient work givess you more time to yourself to do things you enjoy:) Sleep well guys!
Anonymous
There is a big difference between the amount of sleep you can get by on and the amount you need to function optimally. According to the National Institutes of Health, the average adult sleeps less than seven hours per night. In today's fast-paced society, six or seven hours of sleep may sound pretty good.
Supporthereforyou
Around 7-9 hours try aim to get that much oversleeping can make u tired and undersleeping can aswell
Anonymous
8 hours plus. I personally feel my best sleeping 10-11, but I do a significant amount of exercise. Sleep early nights and wake early mornings if you want maximum energy levels, 8 to 9 p.m. being the ideal bed times. The hours before 12 am are the most important, otherwise, it messes with hormone function. After all, I've never met any night owls who are lively and thriving.
Anonymous
The recommended amount of sleep per person is 8 hours a day I believe. However, this is only an average and some people need more and some people need less to function in a healthy manner.
Anonymous
8 hours is recommended, but usually the human body can run on 6. I usually go to sleepyti.me (it's a website) and it tells me what sleep cycles I can do! It's very convenient
Anonymous
8-10 hours is recommended. For a teen or growing/healing person, 10 hours is great, but anything less than 8 isn't good for anyone.
giggleShoulder61
You should sleep at least eight hours a day or until you don't feel tired all the time. You need sleep to be rested and to focus on the things that you care about.
Anonymous
It depends on your age, teenagers should get around 10 hours, adults should get around 8, but it differs for everyone.
VanessaGraceStory
Thats depends on your body. Most professionals will say 7 hours, and for me i need 9 at the least and 12 at the most. So go by a sleep schedule that fits you and see when you start waking up rested and refreshed.
Anonymous
It all depends on your daily schedule. or what you're going to do the next day. It also heavily measured on your age. 7-8 hours is the normal range for younger or older people. However, teenagers or young adults could need up to 10 or more hours due to their constant tiredness.
joanishere
If you're a teenager, somewhere around 6-9 hours of sleep. If you're an adult, I would recommend 8-10 hours. It's hard to find sleep with such busy schedules, but it is necessary to provide proper mental and physical health.
mySong
It depends on how hectic your schedule is and your age but for adults, usually 6-8 hours. We can operate on less and feel okay, but our brains aren't getting enough rest to heal and fix any problems it may have, and over time mental fatigue kicks in.
Anonymous
It depends on the person; most people need about 8 hours of sleep each night, but some people need 9 hours, or some do well with only 5 or 6 hours. I'm usually at my best when I get 8 or 8 1/2 hours.