i can't force myself to go to bed at night?

Monique Bivins, MA, LPC

I have a real passion for helping my clients to overcome life's obstacles . My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive, and interactive.

friendlyBlossom7141
February 3rd, 2020 4:40pm
Sometimes you don't feel tired yet. Even when it's time to go to bed. Sometimes there is just to much going on in your head and you stay awake due to that. It's good to try and stop doing very active things before bed for you to calm down a little bit more. Also keeping a journal might help you to keep track of what is going on in your inner world. If you are a worrier perhaps talking about issues that stress you out may be a good option. But most importantly: Be kind to yourself! And be patient with yourself.
JoyHappyNess
There was a time, I was experiencing such hardships. I first did an analysis with myself and the reasons why I couldn't sleep, were either due to; 1. Fear of nightmares 2. Anxiety 3. Unfinished business 4. Bedbugs 1. Nightmares How I dealt with nightmares is by praying and it worked because I am a religious person. Some people hug stuffed animals, put salt under their pillows, sleep with their lights on or sleep with someone else. 2.Anxiety Whenever I am anxious, I cannot sleep nor eat. How I deal with my anxiety is through taking deep breaths, trying to find the roots of my anxiety then trying to solve the problem. For example exam anxiety is curbed through reading for my exams. Some problems cannot be solved because they are out of our control for example the anxiety caused by sick friend. All I do is pray and hope for the best. 3. Unfinished business They say the bed is a place which reminds you of everything that you have not done. How I stop this from hindering my sleep is through making a list of things to be done. Trying to do as many things as possible then ticking the list as I go. This helps me not have forgotten businesses. 4. Bedbugs. Solution is an exterminator or being clean. 5. Sickness The answer is to seek medical advice.