What could it mean if I am sleeping too much?

Germany

Nathalie Dramis, Diploma

Helping people is my passion. I believe that anyone can benefit from therapy and counseling. My approach is holistic and tailored to you and your specific needs.

Anonymous
It can mean that you have anemia, at the same time, it can mean that you are very sad, depressed, or have problems.
ArtyFishy15
It could mean that you are sleep deprived and/or have a sleep disorder. Because 7 cups is a listening website and not a medical website, I recommend that you see a doctor.
phosphenerelief
Physically it could mean that you are lacking in protein, iron, or experiencing a physical illness such as thyroid or CFS which increases fatigue levels - all of which should be considered and tested for if you are experiencing excessive tiredness, to eliminate these possibilities. Psychologically sleeping too much or too little are both equally valid symptoms of depression, or anxiety if purposefully or unconsciously used as a method of avoiding anxiety provoking situations - in both instances the solution is seeking help, as the primary cause is not tiredness, but a deeper emotional problem, that much be addressed properly.
horizon42
many physiological reasons, i.e. medications, medical conditions can be responsible. But if that’s not the case, then motivation is a key factor. It’s important to find your purpose, but finding a purpose is a step by step process. One of those steps begins way before finding that purpose... you must ask yourself, “what is it that I want out of life.” Once that is found, it time to ask another question, “why do I want this thing” and again i have often found it useful to ask again, “why do i want that 2nd thing,” And here is probably where you begin to find the root of what you love most about life; what it is that truly drives you and inspires you.
Anonymous
September 2nd, 2018 7:09am
Maybe you are tired, try to do some stuff that makes you to leave your bed or maybe can be that you are sick, sometimes stress plays with our mind and can ruins our health, if you are anxious or maybe you are sad you need to avoid what makes you be in bed, try to do some sport or maybe go to the gym find a job sometimes to be busy is good because when you get home you will sleep but with one reason, leave you bed make an effort can I bet that you will be better.
competentCloud36
November 21st, 2018 5:43pm
You could be showing signs of depression. Or this could be your natural habits; it depends on if this is a recent change or if this has been going on for years. I would also look at other factors, such as if you are sad or happy in your daily life. Do you use sleeping as an exit from your life or do you work a lot throughout the day? It’s important to answer these type of questions because you can find out more about yourself. A lot of times people who have been diagnosed with depression sleep a lot because they are emotionally exhausted.
SaraHoffman
It can mean a lot of things from iron levels in you blood being low to depression. But I suggest talking to your doc if you are worried.
goldenLight40
The body is trying to repair itself and get the rest it’s been denied. But if a person regularly sleeping for long periods, it can be a symptom of something more serious like depression.There’s no doubt that getting enough sleep is a crucial part of a healthy lifestyle, but too much sleep can be a signal that there’s an underlying health issue. If you’re consistently sleeping more than 9 hours a night, or sleeping long amounts of time but not feeling rested, it’s a good idea to see your doctor. Talk with them about your symptoms and sleep habits. Keep a sleep journal and any notes on how you’ve been feeling, and bring these notes with you to the doctor’s appointment. This information can be helpful to your healthcare provider.
meganfb
Sleep is one of our bodies main ways of healing and repairing and is an integral part of having a healthy body and mind. Sleeping too much can be a symptom of a wide variety of physical and mental health difficulties. We can commonly attribute it as a symptom of low mood, stress and anxiety. Perhaps you've even been working extra hard and your body feels a need to catch up! If you feel that sleeping too much is having a negative effect on your social, professional or personal life, it is important to seek professional opinion to help determine a cause and form a support or treatment plan that works for you. It is a common problem that you are not alone in.
Anonymous
You could have depression or you may not be having a restful sleep. If you are not having a restful sleep it could mean that you have a lot on your mind or may have a sleeping issue that you could and should take to a doctor. There could be many reasons why you are not having a restful sleep. Depression could, and often times does, result in feeling exhausted and feeling like you have not slept enough. Either of these issues should be considered and taken to a doctor as there are many ways that the issues could be solved
SlamgelinaJolie
Honestly, it could mean any number of things! It could be something that is medically going on or it could be something psychological that is going on. I have been diagnosed with depression, sleep apnea, and vitamin D deficiency, so it is literally a triple whammy of sleepiness! I still almost always feel tired towards the end of the day and given the opportunity on the weekend, I could sleep all day long. It could mean any of those things I mentioned above or any number of other things! My path led me to my doctor, my psychiatrist and lots of bloodwork and lots of trial and error.