When dealing with insomnia, how do you cope with work related stress?

Hisham Tawfik, M.S.W.

Counseling and psychological services are my passion more than my work, It is all about love, and love is the only real value.

usefulStar85
deep breathing and walking. Not letting stress bring me down if I have a major problem I talk it out and voice my opionion and thoughts
Anonymous
I try to get most of what I can do and deal what stress I can before bed and then to calm myself, I keep reminding myself that I need sleep to deal with the stress tomorrow and it will be there in the morning, no reason staying up and stressing it.
professionalDreamer32
The only way I can deal with insomnia and work stress at the same time is by doing my best to separate work stress from sleep time. For me, meditation or reading before I sleep helps me clear my mind of work stuff. If I really can't let the work stuff go, I'll take 5-10 minutes to make a plan for dealing with it, write that plan down, and then remind myself that I already have a plan, and I don't need to think about it any more. Sometimes this works better than other times!
lauralouxo
Personally, self hypnosis. Helps clear the mind and helps to drift off naturally. Give it a try, you may be suprised
Anonymous
Mastering the technique of just feeling that you're not at your workspace currently, that you're in bed, relaxing and resting. That you don't need to think about work until the next day; that you can figuratively drop all your items at home and just not think for a few hours.
soothingIceCream92
If I have a lot on my mind from work (and I always do, I run a business lol) I jot down my thoughts on a piece of paper so I can go to sleep peacefully knowing I won't forget or loose my train of thought, and I can pick up where I left off the next day ☺ then I try to fall asleep thinking about something that is fun such as going for a walk in the woods with my dog or spending time with my niece ☺
Octavie99
instead of stressing over work, try to fulfill the task. put a timer on for 45 minutes and work as hard as you can. Even if what you are doing is terrible, just power through for that time. If you need to take a break after do so. You'll feel a little accomplished and won't be procrastinating.
Anonymous
Dealing with insomnia is always hard, as I'm sure everyone who's had to deal with it knows, primarily because you're exhausted the next day. Something that I've found helps significantly is just to change your state of mind. When you wake up in the morning, instead of thinking "Oh no, I'm going to be so tired today," tell yourself you're okay and that you got enough sleep. Changing your outlook oftentimes can also change your behavior as well. When you're tired, it's so much easier to get stressed, but just telling yourself it's okay makes a huge difference.
MusicSoul82
I practice a ritual of steps to get ready for bed that include self-care. So a nice shower, good hygiene, using soothing lotions or oils, writing down things I am grateful for, making sure I have everything ready for the next morning to make my morning routine easier. I sleep in a dark room, with a comfortable temperature and multiple blankets to mimic a weighted blanket (great if you already have one!). I then close my eyes and stay in a comfortable position even if I have the urge to toss and turn. There is science that resting your eyes and staying in one position gets you to sleep faster than tossing and turning. I had a therapist once suggest I keep my hand on my heart to feel my pulse as a sort of calming rythm. That helps too.