Why can I sometimes fall asleep and sometimes not?

Andrea Tuck, LCPC

I tackle and discuss a multitude of social and emotional health issues. I have a belief that through empowerment and non-judgmental support clients' can thrive.

Anonymous
Don't overthink, Close your eyes and think about everything good in your life. That way you'll fall to sleep.
OwlKnowsAll
Depending on if you got a healthy sleeping pattern or got a lot on your mind? Usually a lot of people can't sleep because they had a rough day with lots of things to think about. Though other times people have worked so much that the brain just says goodnight right away.
Anonymous
Its due to various factors according to me. It depends how your day was, you will fall asleep faster is you had a really hard day physically. It would be difficult for you to sleep in case you have something concerning you or if you are depressed.
beautifulLight15
That is because it is a sleep disorder called Insomnia. It reacts in many ways to your body and it's either because you don't go to bed early enough, or you don't get enough rest in the morning. (I.e School, work, other activites). Things that keep you up, or disturb your sleep can cause this.
Anonymous
Because I'm too deep in thought, or I keep fantasizing about anything, or suddenly I'm uncomfortable
Emily619
You can sometimes fall asleep and sometimes not because a lot is on your mind. You can help ease your mind by talking to a close friend about it, counting, listening to calm music, and even reading the 7 Cups of Tea article on sleeping well :)
kindForever36
Sometimes you can have too much on your bad that just stops you from being able to engage in emerge in peaceful sleep. or it can be simply that you slept too much the night before or took a nap that might have been a bit too long.
Anonymous
This is perfectly normal, most people do have irregular sleep cycles due to our busy lives. Try and maintain a consistent sleep schedule. Be sure to calm yourself before you get ready for bed.
jasminexxx
You're probably too stressed out or overthinking. and sometimes maybe you just didnt do alot that day so you're not tired. try to stay away from electronic devices before going to bed because they keep u wide awake
Anonymous
the same reason why a person sometimes feels stressed out and sometimes not. there are different factors to sleeping. maybe you get increased tension or blood pressure some nights, or the things you ate or drank that day might be the reason.
httpnasiha
Maybe it is because you sometimes have too much on your mind and are over thinking things that it keeps you from sleeping peacefully.
Anonymous
because sometimes our heart races then we can fall asleep but sometimes our heart and mind races together so we cannot sleep. Then only thing we can do is search for a distraction not excitation that will help
Briannacheer
Sometimes you might have certain things on your mind than other times.
fireocean97
November 21st, 2016 6:00pm
Depending on anxiety and physical activity throughout the day, your body's exhaustion will vary. Make sure you're drinking enough water, moving enough, eating enough, and talking enough. Self care is the root of all things.
HeartedHelper
Sleep abnormally happens when there are a lot of thoughts, or chronic illnesses bothering me.
Tyedyedbutterfly65
Sometimes our Minds just race non stop, it is very hard to slow the mind down but there are ways by learning coping skills and other things you can try, make sure you are eating right and getting some exercise, try and not nap during the day if possible, make sure your room is dark and your tv is off if possible because the darker the better you will sleep, sometimes sound machines work that have different settings, some believe that warm milk helps , try not to eat right before bedtime, also the movies you watch they can cause people to not sleep well. There are many ways you can learn to sleep better.