Why do I wake up sweating?

Why do I wake up sweating?

Hisham Tawfik, M.S.W.

Counseling and psychological services are my passion more than my work, It is all about love, and love is the only real value.

Anonymous
There are many reasons to wake up sweating. Most of the time it is related to anxiety. One possible reason is a bad dream or nightmare. Another reason that is unrelated to stress or anxiety is the room is too hot.
Anonymous
You may wake up sweating because a thought or dream you had previously had frightened you to where you wake up miserably and sweating hoping it doesn't happen to you when the new day starts.
ThisCrazyLife77
There are many reasons that could cause that. i know from personal experience that some people just sweat in their sleep and some don't.... it could simply be the way that your body heals and repairs itself during sleep. If it is bothering you or interfering with your life i would consult a medical professional just to be safe and discuss what is best for you specifically. :)
EnigmaticRebel
Maybe a bad dream, my anxious thoughts in your sleep, maybe the room is too hot lol. To be serious though anxiety can plague us even after the sun goes down.
Anonymous
someones wake up sweating due the lack of fresh air in the room that make it hot and dreams can generate sweat
KiForEverybody
August 22nd, 2015 9:33pm
because is too hot? because you drunk too much water? because the blanket are too warm? because your partner is hugging you? because you have too much energy and your body is the only way?
yungmonet
Any number of reasons- people who work out a lot sweat at lower temperatures. It could also be a side effect of medication, sleep apnea, or a panic disorder. If it is a common occurrence you may want to see a doctor.
SoftLight
You may have had a traumatic dream/ nightmare. Sometimes throughout the night i will suddenly awaken for no reason and be pouring out with sweat. If this constantly has happened for several nights in a row i would advise seeing a doctor for advise
BreatheItWillBeOkay
The only times I wake up sweating is when I have a bad dream, during summer, when I am ill or I have an anxiety attack in my sleep
tsure
It could be as simple as your room being too hot. However, it could be something of a health concern. If it persists, you should contact your GP
theveggiebunny
September 2nd, 2015 11:15am
Sometimes I wake up in sweat because I had a nightmare that shows me everything that's going wrong in my life and it is just too scary
Supergirl94
If you have a lot of covers on then your body probably overheats. Even if you don't your body is a self-heater so when we wear clothes and/or have any form of blanket on top of us it tends to keep the heat in which is awesome for winter but not so much for other seasons. Could also be you had a nightmare or experienced negative emotions in your sleep you are unaware of and caused your body to react.
Anonymous
I wake up sweating because my dream was so intense and my body thought it was really happening... oh, and the room is too hot.lol
Sparrow263
If you had a stressful dream or encounter in a previous day, you may have had a panic attack in your sleep.
EricaaCB97
Perhaps it was a nightmare, I know sometimes I'll wake up sweating if I have had a particular terrifying dream. sometimes it could just be because you have been too warm under your covers and your body wakes you up to help regulate your body temperature.
spiritualsoldier
May be you are not feeling peacefully! Try to meditate and sleep with a attitude thattthere is no stress and tension! You will have a content sleep
Listener1146
Sometimes I wake up sweating when I have a cold or the flue. To avoid waking up sweating, I try to keep my room cool, and put the temperature down at night.
silverCandy73
There could be more possibilities: maybe your room it's too hot even at around 6 am (when the temperature is defenitely lower), in this case try to sleep keeping the door or the window open, or refrigerate your room before sleeping with the a.c. . Another reason is because your body is too hot: this could happens because of the sheets, your pygiama, or your dreams. Try to sleep in cotton sheets and cotton pygiamas, and not to eat too much before sleeping, or watching horror movies. Bu if the situations continues please call your doctor.
Anonymous
Sometimes, I wake up sweating because of what was happening when I was asleep. There are times that when I am asleep, my brain thinks I'm participating in strenuous, exhausting activities. If I were doing these activities in real life, I'd be sweating. Since a part of my brain thinks I am doing this, sometimes the brain doesn't know how to distinguish whether or not I am actually going through the event. Thus, it gives me the reaction it would if I were to partake in the even.
xDzazterQueenXoX
It could be many things. It's possible that it is a physiological response to a subconscious dream that you do not remember, it could be a symptom of an underlying illness, either physical or mental, your body temperature may run a few degrees warmer than other people, or it may just be too warm in your room.
Avyiris
Waking up sweating can mean that your body has undergone a certain type of stress, whether positive or negative, during sleep.
peacefulSoul8
* Menopause or Andropause. Menopause in women is the most common cause of night sweats. However, some men also suffer from night sweats during the male menopause, or andropause. * HIV, tuberculosis. In fact, any infectious disease or condition that brings on a fever can cause night sweats. * Diabetes. Diabetes can also cause night sweats. * Sleep apnea. This is the one that most concerns us. Night sweats can also be a sign of sleep apnea. If you also suffer from severe snoring and excessive daytime sleepiness, it might be time for a study. * Alcohol, some drugs, spicy foods. Consumption of any of these can cause night sweats. And by drugs, I’m not necessarily referring to street drugs. Some prescription drugs, like Zoloft, can also cause night sweats.
Anonymous
You may have too many blankets on, or you may not be drinking enough water. Maybe you need to change your pillowcase, that can be an issue.
CarolineMoon
Waking up sweating could be the result of a nightmare, perhaps a very intense dream or maybe it was just the fault of a hot room temperature.
GentleKiteFly
It could be dehydration or that you are very stressed in your sleep. Try listening to relaxing music
Anonymous
There could be many reasons for this. Some are hormonal imbalances, such as menopause, or something like drinking alcohol before bed, sleeping in a hot room, etc. If it becomes troublesome, seek a dr.
Joseybiebsgirl
However, night sweats can sometimes be a sign of an underlying medical condition, so you should see your GP if they keep happening and you're worried.
HelpfulGuidance
October 22nd, 2015 1:19am
If I am stressed out about school, or just hot :) I generally only sweat when I wake up in the middle of the night.
lifawkes
October 22nd, 2015 7:25am
I have night terrors, which cause me to panic, which causes me to sweat. It could be something similar. Stress during sleep affects you the same way physiologically that stress while awake does.
BunnyKiss
There a many different reasons, emotional or physical as to why you may wake up sweating. Such an action is common in illnesses like PTSD, however it could also be that you are feeling stressed or anxious, and it is your body way of letting you know