Why do I wake up thinking Where did it go wrong ?

Jamie Rautenberg, LCSW

I'm passionate about helping clients understand emotional experiences & mental chatter do not define who they are. I'm here to guide them through the fog back to themselves.

ahelpinghand100
Sometimes you are completely overwhelmed and you can't help but thinking things like that. You aren't the only one to think that.
thekindwolfe
On my own experience, we usually ask that question because we regret something. Regret is normal, it is moving on that is the hard part. Once an action is done, all we can do is apologize to the people who have been hurt from the action and especially to our self. Then learn from the mistake and move on from it. If we continue to ask that question every single morning, one will miss out on the beauty in life and walk their life through a haze of self pity. Looking up from that haze takes strength, and sometimes you need the help of others to help pull you through. That why things such as 7 Cups of Tea exist, we're the extra hand that helps pull you through and shows you the beauty of letting go.
Anonymous
Because you think that what ever happened is your fault. When what happened, really isn't your fault at all. You probably had nothing to do with it, but it seems like it because you are close to the people it happened to
connect2STR
Unpleasant sleep is one of the reason. Lagging in peace of mind. Depression and family problems. Unhealthy food habits are few reasons.
Anonymous
In my experience, it's because something I've been doing for a long time I've been very unhappy with, but I wasn't aware of it at the time. And one day I realize how unhappy said thing was making me. But the good thing is, you're aware that something's wrong in your life now. It's not something to stress or obsess over, because we all have problems in our lives. But as you do a daily routine, try to see if anything just makes you feel worse. It may be one of your problems.
Anonymous
You might wake up thinking where you went wrong in an event because you might have did something you shouldn't and you're trying to figure out why you did it.
Anonymous
I want to start by saying that I am going through it very same thing . And I understand how it can ruin the whole day when you start with that thought . Nothing gets accomplished especially in the morning hours which are supposed to be the most productive . But the thing is , the more we think , the more it gets blown out of proportion . So the best way is to start your day with a positive vibe . Funny vidoes, favourite songs , prayers . Pick anything that would keep your mind occupied , something you would love to do first thing in morning .