How do I overcome fear of socilizing after long time at home? I have experienced it many times before (holidays, vacation, winter break) but now it's the virus situation, so why is it?

Traci Seery, LMFT

Are you living your best life? My style is collaborate, supportive and compassionate. Together, we will develop goals that produce positive results to make your life better.

MouseS
You could try looking at the last few times you've experienced a fear of socialising, and how you got over it. Looking back at your past situations and how you've overcome them may help you make better observastions/decisions with regards to your fear of socialising. If you've felt a fear of socialising in the past, how did you overcome it/stop the fear? If not, what would you tell a friend in your situation? It may be worth taking things slowly, and building up to social events/meeting with many people. Small, achievable goals seems like the best thing to start with here. You could try sitting and talking to someone in your house to start, and then building up to calling someone/video-calling a friend, and keep working your way up. If you're ever in need of a 1-on-1 chat, feel free to message me
KateDoskocilova
As I am going through the situation right now, a reason could be that isolation made us feel more comfortable being alone, that the thought of socializing with others feels scary, as many things could have changed during lockdown and we fear judgement by people.
Shinydays16
Maybe you can invite a family member or a close friend over for a movie, or maybe invite them out for coffee! Maybe someone you are close with first and test the waters.. see how it goes. If it goes well, maybe invite another friend or family member over/out and go from there. The more you go out the less anxious you will feel and eventually you'll start looking forward to it. I am in sort of a similar situation myself. I moved out of state around 7 years ago, got married and recently gave birth to my daughter. I still chat with some old friends but I haven't seen them in years. I get to visit my home state often and mostly visit family, but every now and again I will meet up with some old friends. At first it's a little awkward since we haven't seen each other in so long, but after a few minutes it feels like nothing has changed!
Talk to an expert therapist about social anxiety
Talk to a Therapist