I have no friends in 8 grade and I am going into high school what do I do?

Portugal

Jennifer Patterson, LMFT, ATR-BC

Art Therapist

Life can be messy. Sometimes you need a little support to make your way through it. I love to help guide people through their challenges & to find the beauty in our messes.

Caldrie
Keep your eyes open for the kind of people you would feel the most comfortable with. High school is crazy times. So always be ready for change as well.
BouncyTurtleDream
Well first, no one really keeps their friends from middle school into high school. When I transitioned I thought all of my friends would stick together, but two years later and I barely talk to the same people I did when I was in the 8th grade. My recommendation is to not be nervous and to just be you, you'll find some friends in high school who share similar interests with you.
joyfulHug268
Hi there! It's great that you decided to reach out for help. I must say, I have experienced the exact same situation. It is normal to feel a bit uneasy about entering high school, but the good news is that everyone else is also nervous! You are definitely not alone, but it is okay if you feel like that too. It is perfectly okay to take your time developing friendships with people that you really click with. In fact, it took me my entire 9th grade to really "feel" out which people I really get along with. High school can be really cool because you learn a lot about yourself, what you like and your interests. And all throughout high school you will meet people who have similar interests as you (sport, reading, TV show, or musician). It might not happen right away, so be extra kind to yourself and patient as you meet new people.
Talk to an expert therapist about social anxiety
Talk to a Therapist