I’m currently working as a summer camp counselor, and I still get int anxious before the start of a new week. I feel like all the other counselors are super close, but I’m on the outside of it?

Lara Gregorio, LCSW

Therapist

I believe that depression can feel all-consuming. I have a real passion for helping my clients to reclaim their voices and lives from depressive thoughts.

Dawn04
Just ask to hang out with them or have lunch together to talk about the camp and how it's going. Find out what their hobbies are and what you guys have in common besides having jobs as counselors at the same summer camp. Once you start to mingle and get in with the group, you won't feel as left out. They likely have just been counselors together before and have that experience to make them closer and to know who to turn to if they need any help or a kind shoulder or an ear to bend. It will all work out.