Help! I like both genders, but I don’t want to be bi, if It’s a sin! Is it a sin or not? And even if it’s not, my family wouldn’t support me! What do I do? I’m a kid! I can’t make my own rules!

Richard Manson, BSW,CAP

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Compassionate, non-judgemental and experienced substance abuse therapist driven to helping guide clients to overcome issues relating to abusing drugs and/or alcohol.

Haley1289
It’s important to accept yourself first. If you know you like both genders then try to accept that part of yourself first. This may take a bit of time but you will get there. Some things that help with that is talking to some of the other people in the LGBTQA+ community. About if it’s a sin or not. That really depends on your religion and what you believe. If you believe that your sexuality isn’t something that you choose, then most likely it isn’t a sin. Sin, at least in the Christian sense, is something you can control and change, making sexuality not under that category. About your family though, although it is nice to have their support, for now if you don’t feel safe telling them, you don’t have to. At the end of the day, do what feels right to you, and make sure you take care of yourself mentally. Good luck! Hope this helps.