How are you nursing your spiritual well-being?

Luz Cotto-Charneski, LCSW

As your therapist I will help guide and support your unique process of self-discovery. I will witness you reclaim your voice and find a life of fulfillment, purpose, and ease.

sunshineMelon87
Yoga and meditation are a very beneficial tool to help bring peace and serenity to the mind, body and spirit. Have a daily practice that keeps me centered and I find it helps to keep me grounded with the challenges of life. Another great thing to practice daily is pranayama {breathing techniques} which can help bring calm to your entire being if you feel stressed or frustrated. The Nadi Shodhana breath, alternate nostril breathing balances the right and left sides of the brain and relaxes the nervous system. Mediation for beginners: Start with 5 minutes and in time work up to 10, 15 or even 20 minutes. You may find it difficult the first time to sit quietly for 5 minutes, so if that's too much try 3 minutes your first time. You may be surprised how even just 3 minutes a day of quiet and time to connect to your inner divine can benefit your well being.
HealingSinthia
Its very important to nurse your spiritual well being, if not cared properly, it may lead to emotional, mental and eventually physical breakdowns. For my spiritual health i use different practices depending on requirement. Sharing a few with you. 1. Grounding- i connect to the nature or imagine a imaginary cord from the base of my spine running down into the core of the earth and that cord drains out all my negativity into the earth making me feel light and good after this negative detox. 2. Mindfulness - i focus my attention on the present and acts as detached observer. 3. Meditation - i try meditation for one minute at every hour. I take one minute break to connect to myself and clear out all negativity in my mind every hourly. 4. Hypnosis - it works magical for me. Practicing affirmations to the subconscious mind while your consciousness is awake and your physical body asleep. 5. Protective cape - its my invented technique. I wear an imaginary cape that is negativity proof. If negativity comes it strikes back and i am unharmed. I feel safe and protected in my positive aura. Hope you enjoyed this answer!