How do I talk talk to my teacher about exam stress? Should I email her? Or talk to her before school? I’m just so nervous and anxious

April Zamzow, CSW, LPC

There are many times in our lives when we could use an ear to listen and help us through the things that we are struggling with. I can do that.

compassionateHeart82
March 23rd, 2019 5:29am
The first step to talking to your teaching is either sending her an email highlighting what is going on for you if your a bit nervous, otherwise simply asking to meet up with her and explaining to her what is going would be a great first step. It depends what you would feel more comfortable doing. If you felt like it, you could write it down on a piece of paper and either give it to her or can have it with you when you speak to her as a reference point. I can understand why you would be feeling nervous and anxious, but teachers are here to help you, and from reading your question, i'm sensing that you get along with this teacher therefore feel like you have the courage deep down in there to have a chat.
Anonymous
Hi there! It depends on how you feel more comfortable speaking. Some people get very nervous with face to face conversations, which makes online communication easier. However, a lot can be misinterpreted with online communication. I would say the best thing you can do is email your teacher, letting her know you are feeling anxious about the exam and would like a time to meet in person. Your teacher may appreciate your professionalism through the email. Another positive side to this is that you can ensure a time to speak with your teacher without interruptions or distractions. TLDR; email your teacher to set up an in-person meeting to discuss exam anxiety.