How does depression affect school?

Elizabeth Kincade, Ph.D.

I work collaboratively with clients because together we can make the changes you want and need. I listen and support and as well as advise and coach.

healingRainbow16
it makes it hard to concentrate on studies as mind is under pressure to concentrate, it makes socialisation very difficult.there is a lot of self doubt and self criticism invovled, it makes physical activities very difficult, one feels tired and lost most of their time. i changed my school and faced lots of problems and now i look back and see that i had signs of depression than only and if my parentswould have recognised and given me counselling and medication, it could haf been totally different. parents need to be alert to recognise the signs of depression in their child. the child becomes quite and involves less in activities, there is oversenstivity , frequent bouts of tears and overthinking involved.
GlowingDreamer15
Depression can affect your school life in multiple ways. It always depends on the person. Fro some, depression will make it hard to complete homework or find the motivation to do anything, related or not to school. In class, you might be unable to focus, zone out or even fall asleep. Exhaustion, which sometimes goes along with the disorder, can make it hard to get up in the morning and you could find yourself missing class. It is important to seek help if you find yourself falling behind. Classes can be offered in mental health institutions and a special program might be offered to you so that you can keep going and have some time to relax.
Anonymous
As someone with depression I find that it effects my motivation and self-confidence. This leads to second guessing my work and procrastination on assignments. The more I procrastinate the lower the quality of my work is. This in turn leads to lower grades/scores, which will effect my confidence in the class and leade me to feel defeated. It can be a never ending cycle that becomes difficult to pull myself out of. When I feel like that I try to imagine myself succeeding on a test or paper and how great that will feel. That will motivate me through in some dark times. I also reach out for help from fellow classmates or my professor. This can help create a support system full of people who will cheer you on and keep you accountable for following through.