I'm not happy with my SAT score. It's really bumming me out. I feel like a failure. What should I do?

Jamitia Wilson, MS, LAC

I believe that true healing occurs when one is able to honestly express how one feels about himself/herself and the world. I would be honored to support your healing change.

compassionateYard7526
Learn from what you did wrong, study and retake it if you want. You can take the SAT's as many times as you want. Also, you get to choose which one to send to colleges. Failing can feel awful but you can't have success without it. And really failure and success are just concepts. They are how you measure it. So maybe change how you measure success. Like I am just proud of myself for finishing it it was very stressful but I did it. If I didn't reach my goal then I will just learn from it and do it again.
Hanaa00
Been there, felt that way as well. I will briefly try and share how I dealt with it. First of all, you are not a failure, but i do understand why you feel those emotions. You had expectations that weren’t fulfilled, and so did i, and so did many others. It took me some time to finally believe myself when i tell myself that one curve on the SAT, one result, one simple number does NOT define your overall performance or ability to do something academically. It’s the same with IQ test, with any test. It does take time to let go of those negative feelings, but you’ll get there and you will be okay.