Is college worth it?

Lisa Groesz, PhD

With evidenced based therapies, we find the root of the problem together to implement solutions. We all face crises, transitions, or disorders at some time.

Zhrain
That's relative. If you are attending college matches your field of interest, then yes, it will certainly worth it. But if you are attending class that's not to your liking, then there are two options. If you hate it but still studying, it could be worth the struggle in the future. But if you hate it and you refuse to learn, then it will be just a waste of time
mila525
If you love what you are doing then yes :)
sereneHoliday36
If you have selected an area of study and later work that requires a college degree then the answer is a decided YES. Let me share what my advisor told me. He said college degrees are like tickets to ride. If you graduate from high school you get to just hitchhike. If you get the bachelors you get to ride in the airplane. When I finished college I said to him, "I'm just now realizing how little I know." He replied, "My dear, that is the beginning of Wisdom." But, that said, it's important that you want to study and area that requires a college degree and you aren't just going because of societal pressure. There is great dignity in work that does not require a college degree. And, lots of money too if you've looked at the bill from the electrician or plumber lately!
Nada
It is! It's a great chance to discover yourself and all those hidden qualities you've got. You'll get to know different types of people and make lots of friendships. You'll make great accomplishments, Believe that you can and success will be on its way to you!
Kycol
Yes and no. If you are talking about getting high grades, nobody asks for your gpa, only evidence that you went and graduated. The main thing that was good many years ago was that it taught us to think for ourselves, but this isn’t the case in most colleges anymore. They are more interested in indoctrination of the student into the liberal philosophy and antichristian movement than genuine education.
Anonymous
Yes! Not only do you learn about whatever major you may be, you also learn about yourself and the world. You learn maturity and how to handle life obstacles. You may have breakdowns and hard times but they only help mold you into an amazing human being with these brand new experiences that you can use in everyday life to become the best form of yourself you can be!
Anonymous
College is worth is, because you can get paid tons and tons of money if you have your masters or bachelors degree. So college is worth it.
Soona
Yes! College is not only about the degree you get at the end. The journey of being a college student is also absolutely wonderful. The things you'll do, the people, you'll meet and the passion you'll be surrounded with. College does not only teach in classes and lectures but the experience itself is something you cannot get anywhere else. It's absolutely worth it! You'd be doing something you love in an environment you'll grow to love
friendlyPerspective32
It depends on what you make your college experience out to be, but I like to think that, even if it doesn't go the way you necessarily want it to go, at least you learn how to deal with difficult challenges and learn about yourself in the process. There are also many opportunities and resources to develop yourself personally, academically, and professionally and that is always a plus!
beautifulGrace82
Yes! Although things like finances, classes and social life can be stressful, you will grow as a person and learn more about careers that may suit you. If you need support through the rough times of college, someone is almost always nearby! You are never alone when you take that first step.
Hearken
College is something many people find important, worth the time and necessary. However, what it is important to remember is finding the career path that is right for you. Going to college may or may not be worth it if you have not decided what you want to do in life. Additionally, some careers don't require a college education. Always follow your passions and do what you love; that will help you choose the right path.
Anonymous
If you choose what you love and if you love what you do, then yes, it's way worth it.
ErinKay
100% depends. If you're going because you know what you want to do in life and college is a necessary step to reach that goal, then of course. If you're going to college because society says that's the next step? Maybe, maybe not. The problem is many people go to college because they feel they have to. They then waste a ton of money on classes, trying to find something they like for a degree. And then many never use the degree.
Anonymous
Yes it is, trust me you are now feeling that you are tierd from it and you want it to end even tho getting a low grade, but i say, you must not give up, keep trying on doing your best, enjoy college because its amazing! And it will open so many great doors for your bright future
CaliforniaGurl56
That depends. Are you happy with college? Do you like your professors? Are you satisfied with your courses or do you want to change them? Answer these questions honestly. If you're satisfied with college, yes. If not, no.
pluckedpeacock1938
Oh course it is! If it's something you want to do, then by all means do it. My mom always tells me when I'm feeling unsure about it, it's an investment in yourself and there is nothing wrong with wanting to do that. Be sure to take this opportunity not only educate yourself but to discover other things about yourself. Passions, hobbies; don't be afraid to try things you've always wanted to do. The people you meet are great because they are (mostly) like-minded and you'll make wonderful friends. Do your research, make a decision you feel is best when you look at colleges and be your own person.
Haboo
What do you want by the end of your life? What do you think will make you happy? If your answer is anything non career-specific eg. money, love, friends, well these are not things you necessarily need college for, so you have to ask yourself why you're really paying for that tuition. But if you want to be a doctor, or a lawyer, or any of these careers that require a degree, then hey, college is pretty much required. But then I would caution that you should ask yourself why you're choosing these careers in the first place. I find that when it really boils down to it, a lot of people who think they want to be doctors actually just want a high paying job. If you want good money, you don't need to go to college for it. Just some things to consider.