My professor said my essay is plagiarized and he won't grade it. But, it was my work and I don't how to make his mind. What should I do? I don't want to get punished for what I didn't.

Hope Hadding, MSW, LCSW

I am a professional therapist with extensive experience working with various mental health disorders as well as sexual issues. I am supportive and non-judgmental.

Anonymous
Ask your professor for proof, the proof that your essay is plagiarized. It is your work, so there is no possibility of your essay being someone else. This will let the professor realize that your are so much confident, also you did not plagiarized the essay.
Anonymous
My advice is to calmly ask your professor to physically show you the essay that he/she believes you plagiarized from. If the professor is unable to do so, you may want to consult another professor that you trust or even someone else of higher authority. This way your professor is forced to explain why he/she believes you plagiarized.
miraculousHeart73
Okay. There should be a writing center at your college. GO there, and have them check your work. If they agree with you, then ask them what your options are. It may be tough. We all have to deal with or have dealt with someone who doesn't accept one's work. It happens. Move on. Things will get better soon. You deserve a good grade, yes, but don't push yourself too hard. You do need that energy for other things in life too.
TomSands
Your essay can be plagiarized even if you wrote it. I had similar a similar problem when i was studying, you must not copy stuff from internet. There are many plagiarism checkers and you will get caught everytime. Just try and make up your own essay it is not that hard. Your teachers will not fail you on purpose. Practice will make your essays better and when you get better at writing you will get good grades, don't worry. You can try and get help if you are not sure on how to write without plagiarism, ask the teacher to help you.