My teacher is always dismissive of my problems and always redirects me to the school counselor. How can I get her to understand me more?

Jannise McKamey-Bruell, LAPC

I am a nonjudgmental counselor that employs transparency, trust, honesty and integrity in her practice and in the therapeutic relationship.

KevinListener
Your teacher might think that she is not the right person to help you; that the school counselor is more fit to help you with your problems. She might even have received instructions from the school that if a student approaches her with personal issues, she has to refer them to the counselor. So the next time she refers you to the school counselor, you might want to consider saying something like: "I'm not telling you this to ask for help. I understand that the school counselor is more fit to help me with this. I'm saying this so you know what's going on in my life, so you can understand why I might do things the way I do and [whatever more you want your teacher to know]."
LaurenAbashevaLMHC
The best way to help someone understand you is by communicating with them. Advising them how they make you feel, and what you would like her help on. It is possible that your teacher may not know how to help. That may be one reason as to why she redirects you to the school counselor. Some people may not know how to help, or they may feel like they are not the best people to help depending on the certain situation. So they refer you to someone who has more skill in the area, someone who may have better knowledge, or may be more of a help in that area.