Should I go to prom by myself? I don't have friends, my sister's group said I can't go with them, and my GSA didn't want me either. I want to go though but with who?

Terri McDermott, LCSW

If you are struggling with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, I'll partner with you to improve your mood and your life in a nonjudgmental and supportive way.

Anonymous
Hello, I hope you are doing well. Regarding your question, if you want to go to prom then go. Unless its mandated by the school, you do not need to have a date. If you feel comfortable being alone, it is okay to be alone. Social events are about having fun, whether its by yourself or with other people. If you believe you will have fun, then go by yourself. However, if you don't think you'll have a lot of fun, it's okay not to go. High school isn't forever, and years from now prom will be a distant memory. Make the most of what you can, but don't worry yourself about it too much.
Anonymous
Of course try yourself. You don't need anyone's companion. And if you don't succeed it doesn't matter. Try again. Be brave, have your own path of success. And be very carefull with friends. Because you will probably find later. But those friends that come after success, it doesn't mean they are indeed true friends. Sometimes people are jeslous when you finally make it, some other are there because they couldt stand you at your difficult moments. Be brave and things will happen. If not now, then one day. Be brave and everything will slowly change into something better this time.