Why am I terrible at Maths but good at English?

Australia

Raifiel Cyril, Masters in Applied Psychology

Everyone needs a little support from time to time to take the next step. I am here to listen and help you achieve what your heart desires.

bookworm274
Hi there! Everyone has subjects that they seem to be good at and others that they seem to not be so good at. For me, I am the exact same as you, I am good at English and love English but I find maths much more difficult and it is definitely not close to my standard in English. However, if you find yourself becoming worried about your maths grades then perhaps there is something that you can do? Everyone has different styles of learning and, if you're like me, then your style of learning may depend on the subject. I really struggled to find my learning style in maths and maybe that's what's happened with you too? Have you tried talking to your maths teacher about it, she may have some ideas on what could benefit you most? Or perhaps you have a friend who seems to be really good at maths that could help tutor you? Maybe you simply need to spend more time revising maths? You could try some sample questions from past papers or ask your maths teacher if she has any spare maths worksheets for you to do. Simply talking to your teacher about your worries may reassure you! At the end of the day, we can't be good at everything. The fact that you're good in English is already amazing on its own, you may simply enjoy English more or just find it easier. However, if your maths grades are worrying you to the point you are becoming stressed maybe you could try one of the suggestions I've written above or ask other people how they study maths. Everyone has different strengths and that is okay.