Why does my dad hate me? I do not know what I'm doing wrong or should I do something more.

Lianne Kirby, MA in Counselling Psychology

I believe everyone should have the opportunity for their voice to be heard. I use a trauma informed, person centred approach in counselling.

Talk to an expert therapist
Talk to a Therapist
Related Questions: Why does my dad hate me? I do not know what I'm doing wrong or should I do something more.
My brother has flashes of rage that scares me. I’m scared for him, and a little scared of him. I always feel like it’s my fault when this happens. What do I do?I am causing my parents so much stress that they don't know what to do anymore. I try to do my best but it's not enough. Don't you think running away would be the best option for everybody?A fight happened between me and a family member. Why should my parents care? Am I not allowed to make my own decision using my older brothers guidance How do you cope with your parents yelling at you about grades?My dad yells at me if he thinks that I am not agreeing with him about the smallest issues (even the fact that I don’t like ice and he does) -what should I do?Should I tell my mother that she triggers me and that she gives me anxiety? But she has a really short temper but I feel bad for always kicking her out of my room and avoiding her because of it.I accidentally told my father that I hate him because I was overridden with emotion. Now both my parents refuse to speak to me. What do I do?I'm 17 I hate my mom - she hates me. I've been grounded for months now I'm depressed. I miss seeing my friends. My mom says they're losers cause I smoked with them. Is it bad to ghost her when I'm 18? tyMe and my mother are are always in disagreement. How can I manage to find the middle ground with her?Is it selfish if I don't want to go surfing with my dad? Whenever he wants to spend time with me, it's always doing something athletic, and sometimes I don't have the energy- it makes him sad.