How can I become more comfortable with my body weight?

Linda Miland, MA

I have a passion to help individuals address and challenge thoughts ,feelings and lifestyle factors that are contributing to mental health issues.

Nada
Don't compare your own body weight to others because each person is unique on his own
liludallas
What helped me in the similar situation - was to say to myself something like - yes, I am not at my best shape/weight right now.. I have made certain decisions in past that had lead me to this weight. Now I can start making new decisions that over time will bring me to a better place. I understand my body, I see it as is, even though I cannot truly say that I am happy with it, but I accept it as a temporary stage that will change over time. I understand that it may take years for me to get into the shape of my desire, but I will be patient, and will be happy about small improvements. And either way, this is my body, it serves me, and I am thankful.
Anonymous
Being comfortable with your specific body weight is difficult. There seems to be a "standard" body weight that we see in the media. 95% of people don't look like that! It's definitely difficult to be comfortable. Focus on the things you do well, focus on what you love, and focus on how you succeed. Likely weight played no factor in any of those!