How can I make time for my friends when I'm so busy with work?

Veronica Wade-Hampton, LPC

I enjoy working with individuals of all capacities as I view the role of therapist as one in which you help the client learn to cope with the pressures of daily life.

primeofriver18
In this case, try prioritizing your activities/work based on its needs. Work is important, but its not necessary that you need to do all work at one time. Once you understand what work shall be given more importance and what shall be avoided, you can spare time for yourself. Work is important so as your family and friends too. Don't ignore your duties but try not to let it disturb your personal life.
Anonymous
The simple answer is: you can't. We all make choices about how we spend our time according to our circumstances and our priorities. If we decide that having friends is important enough to us to dedicate some time to pursuing, then we'll juggle other things around to make time for it. If we don't (can't may actually mean "don't" in this case), then perhaps it isn't as much of a priority as we would like to think.
nicolehere
It is always hard to find a balance between all of the important aspects of your life; however, it is most definitely possible. By planning out a weekly schedule allotting time slots to the things that are important to you, it will be easier to manage your time. If you actually stick to the schedule you set for yourself you will never let work overpower friends or friends overpower work.
seabreeze
June 2nd, 2015 10:43am
I try to schedule lunch breaks with them if they work close or maybe ask them if we have the same errands to run so we do them together, that always gets in a little time to talk
Samalyn
The biggest thing I can think of to help is to talk to your friends and plan specific times where you guys can be together.
LifeWithoutYouIsNewToo
Find time where you aren't working to go out and be more social. don't let your fear get in the way either :)
WarmComfort
It is important to work around the situation, in this case work. Planning and allocating time, after or before work, to spend time with friends can help with the situation. Sometimes meeting with friends can be an once a week or month situation, starting a project together will make spending time less monotonous. Thus balancing work and time for friends is important in ensuring a healthy lifestyle.
JDM108
Life doesn't move without balance -- believe me, I know. Friends are a mirror to you, affirming what's best about you and showing you the sides of yourself that you need to improve. This existence doesn't make any demands of you you can't fulfill. Make the commitment to put aside the time, and you'll find that you can.
Book a day and time that you can give. Every week at least once for a few hours for your friends to hang out or just sit in with them.
MadamA16
Making time for friends is almost making time for yourself. Prioritising what needs attention right now will make you feel less burdened and know how to make time for both of them equally. So make sure you dont over work and give yourself less me-time.
Anonymous
Sometimes work can also take over a person's whole life. This isn't right and can end up taking its toll on the person's mental health. Finding the correct balance is important. Try and make a schedule to do chunks of work and then leave some free time for your social life. Timing everything can be really helpful as some times people waste a lot of time without even realising.
PosiPotato
Get yourself a planner or scheduler book/app to begin managing your time. A social life contributes to your overall wellness and will be important to your work success and burnout rate as well!
KurtCups711
Work life balance is equally important as your commitment with your employer. Try scheduling regular personal time on your work calendar to ensure it's given the same priority.