How do I stop caring about what coworkers think?

11 Answers.
Top Rated Answer
KathyTheHealer
Maybe you are not awared of this. When you are too consicous of what other thinking about you, It's because you don't have a goal work to archive. Find your goal in your work, the self awareness will fade eventually.
Newest Answer
Preie
It is a common problem to be worried about your image and reputation. And I dont deny on having a good reputation. But in order to have a good reputation, its important to first have an inner validation of your actions. Only then will you be able to have a good reputation. But, also equally important is to know that you can keep everyone in this world happy, or impressed. no matter what we do, especially when we have a leadership action, there will be atleast one person pointing finger at you. SO learn to have an inner validation and be happy.

Want to better understand yourself?

Take this emotional wellness test! Less than 2 minutes.
Whisperingwoods
Looking for answers on the internet...we've all been there. I just want you to know you don't have to figure this out on your own. I know this might not be something you want to discuss with your friends or family, but if you join this site you can get free, anonymous support from trained listeners and a huge support community. Nobody is here to judge.
MaggieRose
Though it is impossible to completely stop caring what they may think, just remember that what truly matters is what YOU think. Don't let difficult coworkers cause a toxic work environment for you.
Gie7naga
nobody is perfect. I can't make all of the people in this world happy being with me. all i do care is about those who care about me.
MoodyBloom
Honestly, I don't think there is a magic trick to stop caring. I think everyone cares about others opinion in a small or large amount. One thing to remember though, everyone has this fear, and you are not alone in this feeling. Look at your co-workers, every single one of them is just as afraid of being judged as you are. I don't know if that helps you, but I do know you aren't alone in your feelings.
Anonymous
It's only natural to value the opinions of others, but you should never adversely affect you, otherwise this becomes counter-productive. Find some confidence in yourself and your abilities so that the opinions of coworkers won't make you doubt yourself.
Monday100
Be yourself and be honesty and as true as you possibly can be. Take ownership of your life and love yourself, we all have faults and flaws and none of us are perfect, not even your work colleagues. What’s the worst thing that can happen? Try and keen conversations positive rather than dwelling on the negatives. Listen to some colleagues options but you don’t have to accept all of them. If you feel an opinion in negative to you then reject it. Finally accept the fact that most of us work in diverse working environments where people come from different backgrounds and will form different opinions so it’s inevitable that some people will like you more than others.
Recent Answers
People will always have opinions on others, worst if they feed on others failures. But if you react to what they are doing or give in they will keep doing so.
IntuitiveDrops
Maybe you want to impress them and perform well. Maybe you want to form connections with them and you think you need to appear very competent and likable. Maybe the best way to find out what they actually think is to actually talk to them! Engage with them! Find out who they are, what they like to talk about. You´ll soon be able to form some connections with them and feel less anxious about what they might think. Good luck on your way .
PashT007
Stay true to yourself, do what makes you happy and love yourself. The opinions of others doesn't determine your success or downfall.
RebbecaSparks
Say to yourself "How can they criticize me?They don't know what I'm made of,I am good at what I'm doing and nobody can say NO to that."I hope that helps :)