How do I tell apart 'tired' and 'lazy'?

Sarah Spiro, LCSW

I look forward to creating a partnership with you and being by your side through this time in your life.

Anonymous
Lazy is not wanting to do something whereas being tired is being too tired to do something (actually wanting to do something)
Anonymous
I think tired is when we literally don't feel like we have the will or energy to do anymore, and for me at least, when we can no longer focus on what we're trying to do. And I guess lazy will be more when we are capable of doing what we need to do in every shape and form but choose to not do so ONLY because we don't feel like it. I think there aren't as many times when we are legitimately lazy as we think, there's usually a reason for why we don't want to do something.
Anonymous
Tired usually comes from being active and lazy is completely the opposite. Many people can't tell the difference. But when you have done nothing and have no energy, that's lazy.
MissLilith
Tired is an inability to do something because of how you feel, being lazy is not having the drive to do something because it's out of your way.
trisjlistens
August 3rd, 2015 9:19am
Tired is when you've done so much things and you feel like stopping because you've exhausted your all your energy. Lazy is when you do absolutely nothing because you don't feel like to.
FriendlySeagull
If you haven't studied for an exam for tommorow morning, a tired person is going to stay up all night no matter how tired they are, because they have the ambition to get a good grade. If you're just a lazy f* then you'll find an excuse why you shouldn't study or why the exam isn't really that important.
TiffanyK
Tired is when your body needs rest. Lazy is when you just would rather not do something because it takes effort.
CuddlyOasis98
Tired is when you've done a lot of work and feel loss of energy.. And lazy is when you've done nothing and don't feel like doing anything
BubbleMJ
I do not believe ‘Lazy’ exists. Lazy means you do not want to do something because you feel too drained, tired or worn out. I believe tired is physical and ‘lazy’ is mental.
rhlvrma94
tired is a temporary condition and may not last much longer maybe 1-2 days max while lazy is a personality and that means there is a consistent trend of your behaviour that displays laziness
Anonymous
If you think that you need to take a break but you are feeling guilty or uneasy about it, try taking a minute to read your body. Signs that you are experiencing the negative effects of sustained, elevated cortisol levels include: Racing thoughts or inability to focus on one task for very long. Feeling “tired and wired”. Short temper, high anxiety and/or panic attacks. Difficulty winding down to go to sleep or difficulty staying asleep. Abdominal weight gain. Low libido. If you are not experiencing any of these signs or any other clear signs of physical or mental fatigue, you are probably just being lazy. Get up and continue focusing being actively productive! You are energized and ready – and you can probably stand taking a break later, when you really need it.