I don't like my job anymore. Should I quit or continue doing it?

★ This question about Work Stress was starred by a moderator on 5/12/2016.

Meredith Seltzer, LPC

The therapeutic relationship can assist you in accomplishing your goals and clarifying your wants and needs. As a skilled counselor and therapist I will help you along the way

PileOfRubbles
Just by asking that it proves you are willing to change. Question is. Why not? Depends on the answer change it or not. But if its just an "need an aproval thing" you only need to aprove it yourself
BlueHairedGirl
Maybe you should find the way to adjust it to the way you feel more comfortable, or try to talk with your partners
Swahzycorn
It depends on the situation. If you're job isn't important to you, but you need it to live then by all means try to keep living, but if you are truly hurt. Than you do what you need to. quit or stay it is all up to how you look at the world.
Bluenail
Continue doing it till you get something new. Think of the money. We live in tough times. Have faith.
JasmineScent
Depends on the situation you find yourself in. If you really need the money, you should keep doing it for a while but search for other jobs meanwhile. If the income is not a problem, start looking for a more pleasuring job.
Anonymous
so you are asking a question about staying with a job that you don't like anymore or quitting it? you've established that you don't like it though
Brownieyes
You should quit if you are able to. Life is way to short to be doing something that you no longer enjoy. As long as you have food on the table for you're family and a roof over their heads then I see no reason why you should keep being somewhere you don't like.
TheSlamburglar
My last job I worked was absolutely horrible. We were overworked, underpaid, and management treated us like dirt. I pushed through, saving up until I could pay for the schooling I needed to get my EMT Certification. I got my license and applied at ambulance services in my area. Once I had accepted a position, I was able to leave that awful job. I've been in my current position for eight months and I couldn't be happier. I feel like sticking through at my really bad job was a huge part of getting me to where I am now. Find out what you want to do and work towards it while you stay at your current job. Then when you're able to, go do what you love!
scenicVoice89
Its about to you.. I would ask if you quit your job will you be unemployed? Or do you have another job lined up? I agree its better for one' s wellbeing to be in a job they love but have you thought this through? Which job would you love? And how to get it?
NolenCrDr
It depends. How is your money? If you're in need, maybe you should stay there, but look for other jobs at the same time. That way you don't lose money and maybe find a better job in a near future.
Anonymous
If you need the money, you should continue while looking for another job. Because you don't want to quit and have no job
MissCarla
Only you can decide whether you want to quit or not as you are the only person who knows what is right for you.
designermood18
Part of professional growing involves liking what you do not just be good at it. Most people spend big part of the day at work, meaning it has to be enjoyable.
Anonymous
Although this is not a strong advice. A sensible way to solve this issue, is to quit the job, however if this job is the only program that is providing support in finance for you, then it is recommended that you keep trying to adapt to the job. It is still important however, to work on a job that you enjoy doing.
IronWolf12
If your job makes you unhappy, try to understand why. Only then can you describe what would make you happy. Finally set small achievable goals and live day to day.
ddcarter
If you don't like your job anymore, examine your feelings before you do anything. First, ask yourself, why you don't like your job. Secondly, what would you like? Third, ask yourself what needs to be done first before you can do what you would like to do. After you ask yourself these questions, identify your path of least resistance. In other words, would it feel better to quit the job or to keep doing it? In some cases, it would feel much worse to quit the job without having another job. So in this case, you must continue working until you get another job. For those that would feel better to quit the job without another job, quit. Follow your bliss.
Mimii1
I always preach for maximum happiness. I know I didn't like my job once, and I tried my level best to adjust to it, but my original feelings towards it did not change. I left, and found a new job that I simply adore now. Do what makes you content : )
Anonymous
skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip skip
Anonymous
Consider what are the best alternative options while looking at the pros and cons of quitting. If you quite will you be happier and will you find an opportunity that will fulfill your needs?
Expositorer
Job is actually something that we do, and our income will be acquired. So in my opinion, You should continue your job. You should know the pros and cons of quitting the job, then only you decide whether you are going to quit or not. But then you should also know that does this job gives you a lot of pressure and anxiety? You should make a survey on the job you are doing now, then only you decide it.
Anonymous
If you don't like your job, you should quit ONLY if you have a back up plan. By a back up plan, I mean: another way of making money. For example, you are an accountant but you don't like your job so you decide to quit it, but how will you pay for your bills and your food?
luminousDew
Try to figure out exactly what is bothering you at your current job. Can these issues be resolved? If not, make a plan to transition to a job that will make you happier. Planning will give you confidence to follow through with your decision.
amp72685
Continue doing it until you find a new job or better job. You don't want to quit and be stuck paying bills with no income.
Anonymous
It's always better if you have an immediate alternative job then it's ok to quit but be sure and think y ur quitting current one and y in future you won't quit the next one
Anonymous
You Should Quit it. Because you were not born to do job, you were born to enjoy this beautiful life & do what makes you feel good even if makes less money then others :)
Anonymous
It is important to enjoy what you're doing. If it makes you unhappy you should probably overthink it
angelcaughtinthecrossfire
Well if I were you, I would see it through until I find one that I love. I know that it is hard to find one that you love but give it time.
soulbuddy251
Before you consider moving to a new job, check your financial status and attempt to remember why you loved or pursued the current job in the first place. Consider what your coworkers think and whether they support having you there. If you do feel the overwhelming urge to change jobs, try to aim for a job in the same field or in one that you have skills and education in. Prepare a small fund for two months or so you don't have to worry about taking whatever you can find.
SquishyRaspberries
Ultimately you have to do whatever you think will be the best for your situation. If you feel as if your happiness is worth more than the money from the job, you should quit. If you need the money and don't mind doing something that makes you unhappy, then continue working. Nobody can make this decision for sure except you.
Anonymous
If I were you I'd stay there until I know I have another job at a place I would like more. I don't want to be jobless!