Sometimes it feels like I work so much that I don't make any time for me, what can I do?

Linda Miland, MA

I have a passion to help individuals address and challenge thoughts ,feelings and lifestyle factors that are contributing to mental health issues.

thegirlintheredcoat
You should plan ahead. Write down in a diary or on a calendar one or two things you want to do at the weekend, choose a day to do that thing(s) and look forward to your weekend! Also, try and take a few holidays now and then :)
ButterflySong
Set aside a certain amount of time every day to focus on YOU and relaxing. Watch a show, do yoga, walk your dog, even just sit outside with a cup of tea. Something that is NOT work, for at least half an hour. Make that goal and make sure you schedule time for it. It may help you feel recharged and less overwhelmed. Working every day straight can really take a toll on your wellbeing! You need to make time to recharge yourself - mentally, emotionally, and physically.
Anonymous
Well, its too important to spend some time with yourself. If its possible to reduce your work time and spend some time with yourself, then do it. But this may not be possible with everyone. In that case, try spending some time after your work or before. Early morning would be too good for this. Meditating for even 15 minutes makes you feel better. Its the matter of only a few minutes. You will feel that your day becomes bright.
starryRiver83
That can be a common problem. I always like to think about it like this. If you mean work as in a shift or career, you can't take personal things into work, so don't take your work things to your personal life. Once the shift is over, it is over and there is nothing you can do really until the next day. Try to manage it more effectively. Don't overload and say 'I'm going to get through 100 pages today so that it is done, if you know it isn't possible'. If it is revision or something you do need to do at home, remember that the days and weeks should be divided almost equally in terms of sleep, work and time to relax. Work for two hours, then take a break for half an hour/ 1 hour. Find the best time in the day for you to do your work. There is no point trying to start working at 7am in the morning, if you know you can't get into the work fully until 1-2pm in the afternoon, so don't force that. Take that time for you and begin your work when you are more likely to do it efficiently. I hope this helps.
charmingHeart
try to love of whatever you do, So you do not feel any pressure. But you will feel enjoy and fun of any you do :)
Shikamaru42
December 22nd, 2015 12:54am
Make short breaks during work in which you concentrate solely on relaxing and stop thinking about what you were doing. Use power-napping to stay fresh if you like. Also, train yourself to acknowledge what you did do for yourself. Reflect on that at the end of the day. If you're a fan of making plans and filling out schedules, try the Activity Scheduling Exercise explained in Lesson 6 of the Depression Help Guide (https://www.7cups.com/depression-help-online/).
gentleDreamer72
Practice self-care! Set a goal to take 20-30 minutes of time just for yourself every day. Do something you love--read a book, watch a movie, cook a delicious meal, take a walk, or do some yoga.
Anonymous
Well the awesome thing about this question is the fact you know the answer to it! Your ability to have a job means you have true logic so, logically when you are tired you rest. When you work to much, you? -Cheers-
Its good if you can create a schedule for yourself and that u stick to that schedule. Make time for work and personal time.
LoveLoving
Analyse how I actually feel. My levels of stress and happiness and balance in life. Am I satisfied with the way things are? Could I make them better? *Make a schedule *TAKE BREAKS! It's very important *Get enough sleep *If possible, work less
Anonymous
When you start feeling that way, immediately take a few days off. I believe, if it is their in your mind, that means you need it.
MessengerOfPeace01
It is very important to organize your time. When you organize your time properly then you would find the time you want
niamh333
Sometimes the first step to solving a problem is admitting it. By realising you work too much, you can start to track your work hours, and then work out ways to cut down. You can start in a small way, setting aside an hour, or an evening a week to engage in an activity you enjoy. Implementing a routine whereby you stop working at a certain time each day and then take time for self-care may help too. You can only be your best you if you put your own well being as a priority.