What should I do if I can't get a job?

What should I do if I can't get a job?

Sara Radford, MA Clinical Counseling

Within the context of a supportive, collaborative relationship I help clients to explore themselves in a effort to create healing and lasting positive change.

Anonymous
have you consider how good enough is your skill for that job? after get the answer, you should make a plan for yourself to approach the job you really to join
Anonymous
If you don't have definitive career choice, choose one. Once you've decided, or if you already had one in mind, figure out what that career requires. If you don't yet meet the requirements, figure out a plan to reach them. If you can't get a job at all, spend a day figuring out possible reasons for it. Try reading books on how to click with people, or on how to act confident. Being confident, or even faking it, makes for a much more powerful interview than meeting the requirements but being timid or arrogant.
Anonymous
whatever you do dont stop trying because the minute you do, you lose motivation. Keep your options open, learn a new trade, the experience of education will open new doors, jobs such as mechanics, carpentry and IT support are always hiring.
Anonymous
I should try continuing to pursue for the job i am looking for, Enhnace my skills in the mean time and continue to look out for job. If you are completely broke you may try to do some part time job and continue to look out.
astralpsyche
really try and put yourself out there! Print off some CV's and hand them in yourself in store. It helps to give a good first impression, so try and be friendly, smiley and open. Obviously, use a variety of recruitment sites and send over your CV to jobs in your area. It's a good habit to get into daily, if you're really serious about finding a job, because new vacancies come around daily, so you really have to be quick! Make sure you research the job you're applying for in detail, look the company up online and incorporate things specific to that company. Avoid making broad covering letters. Make sure you're being specific with the job you're looking for. is it bar work you're interested in? food? working within a gallery? try and make your CV specific towards your job. If you lack experience in the field you're trying to get into, in regards to part time work, join an agency! They're very easy to join and it helps you build up experience until you're ready to work somewhere else permanently. But most of all, make sure you stay POSITIVE!
Anonymous
March 2nd, 2016 1:41am
Keep yourself busy. Based on my experience, volunteering your time is not only rewarding, but it will give the opportunity to increase your network and therefore increase the chances to get a future job.
GoLobster
Try doing other ways to make money, make a YouTube Channel, or stuff in that area, there are millions of opportunities to get money with something so simple
Anonymous
Get involved with organizations related to your interests. Try volunteering, mentoring, or perhaps joining professional groups. It can help you make connections with people in your industry and the experience is good on your resume.
mayodibari9
You can do workshops in anything you find interesting, learn a new language, volunteer for any cause you like and, most importantly, don't give up! You never know when it's going to be your time.
YouBeYou
Try harder, there always are job available. Make yourself stand out, dress sharply. Make a resume that shows how much you have done in the past? Show what your skills are.
Fraz
Keep looking. The worst thing you can do is give up. There are always jobs around. One just needs to try harder.
Anonymous
Volunteering is a great start and it would be something extra to put on your resumé. You could build up your skills by taking free online courses.
Angelsupporter9
Go apply for educational program that will strengthen your job ability if your government does if they're free or don't cost much. And of course, keep looking for a job besides that educational program.
heartfulWings71
You should not loose faith in yourself but try to work more hard to find out a new job because your capable to get one be optimistic.
RegFromIreland
Best tip I ever got was to pretend that I was playing a game where I had to collect 100 rejection letters. I've heard of some people who have made it to 50, but they all eventually lost! Poor working losers! The idea of 'can't get' suggests that you can predict the future (a type of toxic thinking). If you can actually tell the future, then I am sure you would have no problem getting a job. I am unemployed right now, and rejections are piling up. But I don't know the future, so I cannot say 'I can't get a job'. Optimism is hard, but telling yourself you CAN'T get a job is cutting your own legs from under you. Talk to people, talk to employment offices, talk to groups online about training and education, talk to people here about feeling down.
MountainStream2001
Difficulty finding employment can cause all types of considerations. Its important to know what your primary goals and skills are so you can narrow down what job market you want to focus on and what skills you have to offer.
joyfulMoon52
first of all don't get depressed or something be hopeful and hope for the best .... and after that try and try again harder and re-evaluate yourself as what's the problem that's keeping you from getting a job as simple as that there's no shortcut to it ... want a decent and a good job just try ... success comes to those who try ... keep on trying ...!!
Anonymous
First determine what factors are behind you not being able to get a job. Dealing with those factors accordingly is should help.
SunflowerHere2Help
Never give up. Keep looking around, pin point what it is you want to do and work from there. Set up a Linkedin, and get involved with some companies who dedicate their time to helping you find a job.
SoialWorkerAllan
Start networking and telling others your looking for work...keep applying and dont give up. Contact your nearest employment agency. They have resources to help you
JelayMe
Invest in yourself. Read more books, write, draw, or just do whatever it is that you like doing. Improve your skills.
Anonymous
keep applying assert yourself dont think of the negatives why you are not getting a job think of the positives of what you cand do or what goals you can work at to getting that one job you want
JDM108
Relax about your career and your success. Sometimes life puts us in sticky or unfortunate situations, but we do not give our smile away cheaply. We make effort, doing all the appropriate things, but deep down we feel the okay-ness. Everything tricky you're in you will come out of eventually, and stronger -- promise.
Spreadthevibe
There is no reason to worry if you cant get a job. Everything takes time, and getting the right job is more important than being at the wrong place and regretting it. Your hardwork and patience will definitely land you a job soon.
BlackJack911
Try to improve your skills untill you get a job. It's not a difficult task. There is job for everyone.
dmarkowicz
You should never give up and search for it, if you want a pro tip, asking your friends that has got a job is a good start. :)
Brendoodlee
Keep applying to jobs, never give up. You can always search for college/school educations to learn more things and get extra experience
insightfulCreature77
I would volunteer somewhere! Get new skills or work experience to add to a resume, and hopefully a good reference or a new contact to help me in my search!!
lonelyghost
Volunteer. Learn something new/refine a skill. Take free classes. Join a group based on your interest and skills. Go to networking events. Find other people who have jobs similar to what you want. Make connections.
InfiniteSelf
There was a point in which a friend could not find a job. They decided to try volunteering at their dream job. Which at the time was being a radio host. That was about 10 years ago now. They started just doing the traffic report at 5pm. Now they are the Program Manager. No extra schooling or anything just being vulnerable and going for what they want.