What should I do if I can't get a job?

What should I do if I can't get a job?

Sara Radford, MA Clinical Counseling

Within the context of a supportive, collaborative relationship I help clients to explore themselves in a effort to create healing and lasting positive change.

Anonymous
March 2nd, 2016 1:41am
Keep yourself busy. Based on my experience, volunteering your time is not only rewarding, but it will give the opportunity to increase your network and therefore increase the chances to get a future job.
GoLobster
Try doing other ways to make money, make a YouTube Channel, or stuff in that area, there are millions of opportunities to get money with something so simple
Candid0211
June 2nd, 2016 11:38am
The answer probably you would find if you answer the question why do I want to do job. Sometimes job seems likes the natural progression whereas there are always other options. So once you have that answer you will be able to figure out what are the alternatives possible for you to reach you goal for example if you work for money then there is job, there are options of part time employment, your own business, financial planning. Etc. Your why would determine your action plan
KristenHR
The first thing I did when I didn't have a job and for months couldn't find one, was to not give up the hunt. Then, I made sure my needs were taken care of. As I didn't have family to help out, it required contacting a couple agencies to ask for help, such as my local food pantry and the township trustees to help with some small necessary needs for electric, meds. When nothing around my area produced a job, I started to look out of my area. That was when I was able to have things turned around - I was offered a job approximately 8 hours away, which did require a move.
YouBeYou
Try harder, there always are job available. Make yourself stand out, dress sharply. Make a resume that shows how much you have done in the past? Show what your skills are.
SMLHappy
Getting a job can be difficult. I used to be a hiring manager. I found the best candidates knew a lot about the company and the position they were applying for. I recommend going through the job post and finding what would make you a good candidate, and make sure you let the recruiter know that! Also, write down questions about the company and the position to ask the interviewer. That would show that you have done your research and that you are very interested! Good luck!
Fraz
Keep looking. The worst thing you can do is give up. There are always jobs around. One just needs to try harder.
Anonymous
Volunteering is a great start and it would be something extra to put on your resumé. You could build up your skills by taking free online courses.
Angelsupporter9
Go apply for educational program that will strengthen your job ability if your government does if they're free or don't cost much. And of course, keep looking for a job besides that educational program.
blissfulApricot
Sit down with someone you trust, who has a job that you respect, and ask them for some frank feedback on why they think you can't get a job. Tell them you don't want to be told nice things, you want harsh criticism about why they might not employ you - ideally a list of a few things. Then work through that list with them to talk about what you might be able to do to improve the situation for each one. That then gives you a plan of action you can focus on whilst looking for a job. I fundamentally believe that noone is unemployable, barring severe health issues, you just need to find ways to bring your best qualities to the fore, and resolve any glaring obstacles that might be holding you back.
heartfulWings71
You should not loose faith in yourself but try to work more hard to find out a new job because your capable to get one be optimistic.
FairyGodm0ther
May 3rd, 2018 12:01am
Getting a job can be very hard no matter who you are. The best thing you can do is make yourself more marketable and get yourself out there. Here's how! 1.) Go back to school or take classes. Getting your degree in a field you love will help you find a job you love. If it's not possible for you to go to university, there are online universities, community college certificate classes and trade schools that will help you gain the knowledge and experience you need. Some of these routes even provide job assistance! 2.) Fix up your resume When your potential employers look for candidates they want someone that stands out. You can do this by having a clean and professional looking resume with some extra pizzazz. Try Canva.com or other sites to help you build a resume that stands out. Also make sure its updated often and includes unique qualities like volunteering 3.) There is strength in numbers Apply to jobs everyday! start with about 5-15 applications a day and go from there. Try different websites too such as; indeed, careerbuilder, linked in, and zip recruiter. In addition, research job sites that cater to the type of job you are looking for and the area you are looking. 4.) Go old Fashioned Most jobs you apply to require that you apply online. However get yourself out there! walk around your neighbor and introduce yourself to business owners of establishments you want to work in. Dress, speak, and act professionally, and be confident. Also talk to friends and family who may know of opportunities for you! 5.) Go to career fairs and open houses! These opportunities are all around you. Just google them in your area. Bring your updated resume and be confident and professional
RegFromIreland
Best tip I ever got was to pretend that I was playing a game where I had to collect 100 rejection letters. I've heard of some people who have made it to 50, but they all eventually lost! Poor working losers! The idea of 'can't get' suggests that you can predict the future (a type of toxic thinking). If you can actually tell the future, then I am sure you would have no problem getting a job. I am unemployed right now, and rejections are piling up. But I don't know the future, so I cannot say 'I can't get a job'. Optimism is hard, but telling yourself you CAN'T get a job is cutting your own legs from under you. Talk to people, talk to employment offices, talk to groups online about training and education, talk to people here about feeling down.
MountainStream2001
Difficulty finding employment can cause all types of considerations. Its important to know what your primary goals and skills are so you can narrow down what job market you want to focus on and what skills you have to offer.
joyfulMoon52
first of all don't get depressed or something be hopeful and hope for the best .... and after that try and try again harder and re-evaluate yourself as what's the problem that's keeping you from getting a job as simple as that there's no shortcut to it ... want a decent and a good job just try ... success comes to those who try ... keep on trying ...!!
Anonymous
First determine what factors are behind you not being able to get a job. Dealing with those factors accordingly is should help.
SunflowerHere2Help
Never give up. Keep looking around, pin point what it is you want to do and work from there. Set up a Linkedin, and get involved with some companies who dedicate their time to helping you find a job.
SoialWorkerAllan
Start networking and telling others your looking for work...keep applying and dont give up. Contact your nearest employment agency. They have resources to help you
JelayMe
Invest in yourself. Read more books, write, draw, or just do whatever it is that you like doing. Improve your skills.
Anonymous
keep applying assert yourself dont think of the negatives why you are not getting a job think of the positives of what you cand do or what goals you can work at to getting that one job you want
JDM108
Relax about your career and your success. Sometimes life puts us in sticky or unfortunate situations, but we do not give our smile away cheaply. We make effort, doing all the appropriate things, but deep down we feel the okay-ness. Everything tricky you're in you will come out of eventually, and stronger -- promise.
Spreadthevibe
There is no reason to worry if you cant get a job. Everything takes time, and getting the right job is more important than being at the wrong place and regretting it. Your hardwork and patience will definitely land you a job soon.
BlackJack911
Try to improve your skills untill you get a job. It's not a difficult task. There is job for everyone.
dmarkowicz
You should never give up and search for it, if you want a pro tip, asking your friends that has got a job is a good start. :)
Brendoodlee
Keep applying to jobs, never give up. You can always search for college/school educations to learn more things and get extra experience
insightfulCreature77
I would volunteer somewhere! Get new skills or work experience to add to a resume, and hopefully a good reference or a new contact to help me in my search!!
lonelyghost
Volunteer. Learn something new/refine a skill. Take free classes. Join a group based on your interest and skills. Go to networking events. Find other people who have jobs similar to what you want. Make connections.
InfiniteSelf
There was a point in which a friend could not find a job. They decided to try volunteering at their dream job. Which at the time was being a radio host. That was about 10 years ago now. They started just doing the traffic report at 5pm. Now they are the Program Manager. No extra schooling or anything just being vulnerable and going for what they want.
Anonymous
Learn more skills, improve your knowledge, stay positive and hopeful and then job will come to you...
cryingkoalas
Don't give up. Always look for jobs, but worry too much about it. Do things that you like in the meantime, find other options.