What to say when quitting a job you just started?

Zeina Ghoul, LLPC

I help guide clients to create positive change in a non-judgmental and supportive atmosphere.

SparkyGizmo
In my personal opinion, if you see that the job just isn't the right fit for you, it's okay to say so. As for me, I think this is being fair to yourself as well as your employer. If you notice things quickly, that just aren't working out so well, I think it's good to go to your supervisor and tell them as such. If it were me, I might say something along the the lines of, I really appreciate your time, I'm thankful that you gave me a chance. While I might like everyone personally around here, I'm just feeling this isn't the right fit for me, right now. I hope you can understand.
Supergirl94
Be polite, straight to the point and honest. Make sure you say it in a way that does not bash their company especially if you want them to still recommend you to other jobs!
Aleespli21
Sometimes this is the best decision, and though it may feel silly, it's totally okay! Just be professional about it and tell them just like you would with any other job. They have to understand.
Kat140615xx
Mention the Reasons your leaving, And try and leave it on good terms with the place, Sometimes just being honest with them helps the situation.
Letirbeforyou
Weigh your options. What are the alternatives and what's best for you and your family at the end of the day.
softNutella25
Honesty is best. Be forthcoming to the best of your ability. Only you know why you are deciding to leave a new job. Sometimes things don't go as planned or life circumstances happen. In any case, be true to yourself and as vocal as you're comfortable with.
lovingLynx89
Have you thought about possible ways to quitting already? can you describe how you feel about this?
Anonymous
I am looking to expand my horizons and find what is out there more that might be what I'm looking for. I enjoyed working here, and I appreciate the time given to me. But I have to sadly say it must be time to go as I want to expand in my life. Thank you.
RobRH
Tell the truth to the manager- whether you've found something better or aren't as interested in the position as you thought
originalbraveheart63
You should say that you just can not find yourself in these place. Thank them for a chance and just politely tell them that you want to quit.
Heartaffair111
speak the truth you don't need to worry about others reaction in such a situation you have a reason to do so
TheIrrationalBuddhist20
It can vary depending on why you're quitting, but it isn't perfectly okay to say "I don't think this job is for me." It's also nice to thank them for the opportunity of working there.
KaytlynnCanHelp
Thank them for the opportunity and say this isn't the best fit job for you or if you have trouble with time management say you have a lot on your plate and are inadequate ar this time for a job.
Anonymous
Why not be honest? Maybe the job just wasn't for you or not what you expected. Maybe the stress of the job was more than you can handle or the job isn't challenging enough. You have to take care of yourself and it may be more detrimental to you in the long-run to stay in something that you don't like.
RINM1230
This depends on your situation, you could let your employers know that you appreciate the opportunity to work for them but it is not working for you. Whether it be due to hours, employees, or the job itself, let your employer know so they can address your concerns before you try and quit the job. They may be able to work with you and address the concern(s) you have.
Elenny02
First, I would thank them for hiring me over other candidates and then I would introduce the reason why I am quitting. Remember, you want to end on a good note!
rosie24
Be honest. It's the best way to go about things. Tell them exactly why you want/need to leave. It's better to quit now rather than keep working when you won't be happy.
Anonymous
If you think thats not good to continue then its better to quit.But anything in our life should be faced. Most things seems to not correct at starting.but you can build the thing to best level.you can also gain experience from those things.
derpageddon
If I couldn’t handle a job anymore, I would try to speak to my supervisor about how to make my work experience better, but if nothing could be done and I really couldn’t handle it anymore, then I would just say I needed to have those needs met and I’ll have to look elsewhere to have my certain needs met. Your needs when it comes to a job are more important than being kept at a job that’s giving you too much stress than you can handle.
Anonymous
Resign tactfully. Don't burn any bridges. ... Be honest and apologetic. Don't make weak excuses that you think will make your boss feel empathy for you. ... Give proper notice. You'll want to do this with plenty of time for them to find someone else. ... Consider that you might be asked to stay. ... Think harder next time.
ArreisLynn
It can be difficult quitting a job when you first started because you typically will fear looking bad. In my opinion it doesn't matter when you intend to leave the job anyways. You can either apologize and say something came up, or the arrangement isn't working, or if there's a real serious reason for your quitting and you feel comfortable sharing it stating that!
JJill1
From personal experience I would always suggest to just be as honest about the situation as possible, as much as you're comfortable with sharing. You have to tell them the reason why you want to quit what you just started. Maybe you need a mental health break or the job just really isn't working out well.
SandraBrown
Say that you had a pleasure to do this kind of job but it's just not for you, you are not finding yourself in it. And say that you are thankful for oportunity.
Anonymous
Sometimes, a job you wanted or applied for is not how you expect it to be. Your vision of it was very different, and you feel that it is not the right place to you. It might be very difficult to tell this to the superiors in the right way, without sounding too arrogant. However, without communication, they will never now how you feel about your new job, and that you want to quit and try something different. The most important key is honesty. Tell them your perspective on the matter in a way that will make them understand your position. Remember, while you might not be interested in the job, someone else are!
carefreeHeart57
Honesty is always the best policy. If you found a different job with better benefits, better hours or more pay, you should tell your boss that is why you have made the decision to leave. If you are unhappy about something, telling your boss can help. Be professional and polite, but relay your concerns. Not only will you feel better, but your boss may be able to use the information to make the work environment better in the future.
Anonymous
Thank them for the opportunity and explain to them that you don't think you're a good fit. Most managers will be understanding.
Anonymous
One way you could go about it is by saying that the job was not what you expected and that you think that the company that you are at is not right for you (or you could say that you feel as though the position is not right for you)
Joyfulsmile
Once you've decided to resign, arrange to meet face to face with your supervisor so you can discuss your resignation in person. Be prepared to explain why you're leaving. If possible, share reasons that center on elements of the job that don't fit your skills or interests.
Zed17
Be honest and open - tell them why you are quitting, even after a short time. Practice what you are going to say out loud beforehand so you are confident in it.
Anonymous
Just be honest. If it's not something that you like just tell them. It's always good to leave on good terms.