Why can't I complete a task I've been assigned?

Lindsay Scheinerman, MA, LPC

My work with clients is to help them recognize and build on their strengths to find solutions for the conflicts presented in their lives.

supportiveHeart83
Slow and steady wins the race. Keep on working and trying to increase your speed. Experiance,knowledge and time makes you successful
watermelonlover
Maybe you're afraid to fail, or you have something else on your mind. I bet you can complete it if you put your mind to it, though. Make a gameplan. Try as hard as you can. I bet you're able to do it - you just haven't discovered your potential yet.
peacefulSummer36
Thinking about other things while trying to work on a task that's been assigned to us can be difficult for concentration. When I get assigned a task, I try to make sure I'm not thinking about anything other than my task. I know I have trouble concentrating if I get distracted by something I forgot to do at home, I didn't send out an e-mail I've been meaning to send for days, or even what I'm going to have for my next meal. I try to block out any outside thoughts so I can finish what I've started.
cristiana33
The question is a bit ambiguous. What stops you from completing it? Is it something personal like insecurity on your skills/abilities to succeed that stops you from even starting the task? Is it something external like the teacher not allowing you to complete it due to some reason? There are many factors that make us unable to complete something we are assigned to. Whatever it is, before being able to get to a solution you need to identify what is it and what you could improve and where you might need help.
softNutella25
That depends. Why do you think you're having issues with this? Is it being disinterested, bored, difficulty understanding the material, or difficulty paying attention? All of these options will point to a different reason so it's best to narrow down the feeling you have when you are handed a task.
KevinL43
You may just have multiple distractions around you. I find that technology tends to distract me. I suggest maybe checking your phone every 30 minutes, and ending any conversations before you start your task. Hope this helps :)
Lalaxoxo
Sometimes, when we have worries on our mind, we feel like we cannot complete work we have been given. This simply also may be that we haven't picked up on certain subjects in lessons as well as others, so we need that extra support to give the work a go.
hopefulParadise19
February 2nd, 2016 11:08am
because of lack of concentration and lack of intrest you should concerate more on the task what has given to u
Procrastination is a situation that occurs ever so often. The idea is to look at the task given as a new and exciting thing to learn from. Don't look at it as a chore that u must do/ you are forced to do.
invisiblepeanut
So many people have issues with procrastination, usually do to a lack of motivation. Maybe it's not a topic that interests you. Maybe the work just doesn't seem worth it sometimes. Find a way to make whatever it is more interesting and fun and you'll be more eager to do it.