Why can't I stop dreaming about the work I have to do the next day?

Stacy Overton, PhD.

I am an enthusiastic life-long learner and also a professor of counseling. I have a passion for peoples stories and helping to guide and empower the human spirit.

professionalDreamer32
When I can't stop dreaming about tasks like that, it's usually because I am worried about them or I am worried I won't remember everything I have to do! It helps me to make (and keep handy) a list of "next steps" (so I don't worry about forgetting) and meditate before I go to sleep at night.
Smilelikethis15
Thats because you have been constantyl think about it before you went to sleep so next time before you go to sleep write al the things you need to to tommorow on a piece of paper
HereForYou92
September 22nd, 2015 10:01am
work that gives too much stress or the work we love are the only once that are always on top of our head.. and we tend to think a lot abt them
Anonymous
Its probably bothering you to know that you have something to get done the next day. I experienced that by myself and was dreaming about an essay or homework I had to finish. It let me feel like I was under pressure and couldnt even relax when I was sleeping because I was dreaming of it.
Happiness1987
I can because I love it. I love coming here to help people. I love knowing that I can make a difference in someone's day.
Its hard to put things into perspective if you are faced with many things to do. Especially if your mind is telling you that you don't want to do them? Perhaps prioritizing things or making a list of easiest to hardest will help you to focus on the things to get to done.
It is good to separate your personal life and your work life. Try not doing your work a few hours before you sleep and never bring your work into your bedroom for any reason what so ever.
Anonymous
February 23rd, 2016 7:08pm
It could be due to stress about the work. Or it could be your subconscious mind trying to prepare yourself for the work that you have to do. It is important to relax and try to not think about the work before bed. It can often leave you with sleepless nights and you wake up feeling tired.
erinyes
As this is something that frequently occurs in my dreams, I feel like we process things in our sleep that we think about during the day, or adversely what we stress out about during the day. I think you're consistently dreaming about work because it either means a great deal to you and your sense of self worth or it's something that you're stressed about and your mind is doing it's best to process it. It can often help to get these thoughts out in the open before you head to bed. Find an outlet for your thoughts on work! A Listener here on 7 Cups or even a journal works wonders. It may help to dispel your constant work related dreams.
Anonymous
How stressed are you at your job, how much pressure do you feel to perform well? These anxieties may be playing out in your dreams. It may be possible to subside the amount you are dreaming about these anxieties by either (a) purposefully thinking of something soothing right before sleep, and (b) addressing any work stress you may have.