Why does everyone else get appreciation when I do all the work?

Deane Rain Marie, LMFT

I take a holistic approach in working with eating disorders, mood disorders, relationships, and the LGBTQ community. I use EMDR, Dreamwork, Stories, CBT and Cinema therapy.

Anonymous
January 22nd, 2015 3:24pm
because, you work as a back stage artist, who does all the labour in setting up the theme, story, work.. whereas the main hero/heroine take the applause. People know that you can work, and work much better than others. But still others take the applause, because they know how to modify your work and show it theirs. same as it happens in movies. the director does all the thinking, the producer spends all the money, yet people refer a movie to the protagonist.
Anonymous
January 31st, 2015 5:29pm
Someone else may get appreciation because sometimes it may be hard to spot who deserves it. Therefore it could be given when the person does not deserve it. For example, my nephew might do something and I might not acknowledge it but when my niece does it,I feel proud of her. This may be because I did not pay attention. You can of course appreciate yourself and feel proud of what you have done.
thetruepixie
Maybe because the people giving the appreciation don't know that you've done all the work. You could point out that you've done most or all of the work.
This is called the hierarchical method. The people above will ask the people below to do all the work and get the credit for it. Its always better if you are growing in the company and will lead your own team someday.
Anonymous
I think people mostly figure it out by your skills in expressing it. Sadly, If you lack it someone else going to dominate.
Anonymous
Most of the time the people who do all the work are focused on doing it good, while others adorn themselves with foreign laurels.
sereneSoul23
The easy answer would be that you have less visibility than them or that they are really good at selling themselves but you are being modest. Also this might be the case if by everyone else you mean someone at a position of authority since they are the gatekeeper for a project etc. so they are they one being noticed at a higher level