[F]requently [A]sked [Q]uestions
Welcome to 7 Cups of Tea! ♨
We're so happy that you have joined our community and are willing to support others!
It can be a bit confusing to navigate the website so please use this thread as a way to learn about 7 Cups of Tea. Think of this as a guide to compliment the existing resources on 7 Cups that are linked throughout the entire thread. The table of contents will tell you what the order of the posts are, and if you’re interested in finding a specific answer or topic, then you can use CTRL + F (PC) and Command + F (Mac) to search the document.
To start off, if you are a new listener, please remember to take the Active Listening training as well as the Practice Chat. These are essential in helping you understand our role as listeners. Your Training page will also list the available trainings for you to take. It is recommended that you take them when you can as they will help you on a variety of topics that may appear in your chats.
Other resources that may be helpful to you are:
➡ New Listener Resource Guide by Ambassador AdventuRin
➡ New Listeners' Primer by Mentor Leader Lyra
➡ Mumsy's Guide to Having Better Chats by Listener Mumsy 34
➡ Beginning Active Listening - Some Important Points by Mentor Farheen
If you would like more one-on-one help, please check out the Mentor tab to see which mentors are taking mentees. Mentors can do mock chats, provide resources, and work with you on areas that you may feel unsure about.
Every week in the Listener Support Room, we will also have discussions based on the Active Listening Training. These topics cycle through each month with the fifth topic being discussed if there is an fifth Monday in the month. Please take note of the schedule below. The links will also take you to the notes that are updated after each discussion.
➡ Week One: Reflection & Asking Questions
➡ Week Two: Self-Evaluation and Triggers
➡ Week Three: Inappropriate Chats & Serious Issues
➡ Week Four: Chatting & Confidentiality
➡ Week Five: Self-Care & Boundaries
Lastly, please also make sure you familiarize yourself with the Community Guidelines. All listeners, regardless of level, are expected to abide by these guidelines, and violations of these guidelines may result in the closure of your listener account.
Table of Contents
② Table of Contents
③ Common 7 Cups Terminology
④ Chats & Resources
⑤ Quality Initiatives & Listener Rewards
⑥ Site Navigation
⑦ Listener Chatrooms
⑧ Listener Forum & Resources
⑨ Community Involvement
⑩ Community Leadership
⑪ Listener - Listener Conflict
⑫ Project Coordinators
⑮ Last Updated
Common 7 Cups Terminology
- 7 Cups - Everything You Need to Know!
- 7 Cups Community & Product History
- Community Guidelines!!
- Site Tour!
- 7 Cups Wiki Info & Best Practices!
- Admin + Community Connection Zone
- Krink's Temporary Kategory
- Laura's Office!
- Therapist Liaison Role
- What does the community management staff do all day?
- Who are the admin?
- Community Guidelines, Best Practices & Internet Safety
- Community Guidelines and Protocols
- Internet Safety For Teens
- Internet Safety!
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)
- Foster Care Support & Resources
- Hotlines & Crisis Resources
- Changes to Hotlines and Crisis Resources
- Crisis Lines (non-suicide related)
- Suicide Prevention Lines
- LGBTQ+/MOGII Support
- Ally Resources
- Asexual Spectrum Support
- Coming Out Support
- Coming Out Support Tips
- Community Topic Guide
- Gay Support
- Gender Identity Support
- General Resources and Support
- Intersex Support
- LGBTQ+ Relationship Support
- Poly-, Pan-, and Bisexual Support
- Transgender Support
- Trauma Support 2
- Listener and Member Chatroom Rules & Best Practices
- New Member Orientation!
- Chatting with listeners - everything you need to know!
- Your First Week on 7 Cups
- Pathways & Privileges
- Listener Pathways
- Listener Pathways !
- Member Pathways
- Hotline practice
- Krink made up this category to test stuff
- Saving bug test
- Test test Version 2.0
- 35 & Over Support
- Addiction Support
- Anxiety Support
- Appreciation & Gratitude
- Around The World
- Bipolar Support
- Depression Support
- Disability Support
- Eating Disorder Support
- Eating Disorder Support
- Family Caregivers Support
- Family, Friends & Caregivers
- Healthy Living Community
- Hobby Zone
- LGTBQ+/ MOGII
- Listener Learning & Journey
- Long Term Support
- Mindfulness Resources KeepThis
- Motivation & Self Help
- Pick me up Posters!
- Relationship Support
- Relationship Support Community
- Self-Harm Support
- Student Support
- Teen Only Zone
- Trauma Support
- Subcommunity Building Roadmap
- How to create a successful checkin system!
- Roles & Privileges
- Text Communication Techniques
- How to give feedback
- Open Communication Techniques
- Trauma Support 3
- Trauma Support Sessions(Adults)
My Recent Pages
Personal Conversation Requests
Personal requests go out to ONLY YOU
General Conversation Requests
General requests go out to ALL LISTENERS.
Please SELECT REQUESTS FROM THE TOP or topics that you care about. Thank you!
Current user wait time average