Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Post for @Howegeorgia

SomebodySpicy13 October 13th, 2023

This is a post for @Howegeorgia 

Invite to all rooms:-

You are all invited to come and join us in the Special Events Room for a fun riddles game starting now! (Or change to when it is starting) 

Heading/Title - Special Events! Riddles with Georgia! 

Introduction:- 

Welcome to the Special Events Discussion Room! Please remember to be kind and supportive to one another during the event. If you need support during this time, please access the support rooms or connect with a listener 1-on-1 using your member account here https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/

We all enjoy answering riddles and it can be a great exercise to keep our mind sharp. Did you know the first recorded riddle was from Rhind Mathematical Papyrus and can be dated back to 1650 BC. It goes a follows: There are seven houses; In each house there are seven cats; Each cat catches seven mice;

Each mouse would have eaten seven ears of corn; If sown, each ear of corn would have produced seven hekat of grain.

How many things are mentioned altogether? The answer is very ambiguous and could be one of 9 different answers. For more information about this riddle visit the Wikipedia page.

Main questions:- 

Can you guess answer these riddles? 

1. What two things you can never eat for breakfast?

Answer: Lunch and Dinner 

1. You leave more behind the more you take. What am I? 

Answer: Footsteps 

1. You don’t wear me but I cover your body. The more you use me the thinner I get. What am I?

Answer: A bar of soap 

1. I’m here today but tomorrow there will be more of me. As the weeks pass by I will drift away, but will be replaced with more of me. I’m what you’ve seen but not what you see. What am I?

Answer: Memories 

1. It was a warm sunny day, and next to the river were two foxes that needed to get to the other side. It was too deep to walk across, too wide to swim across, but luckily there was a small boat able to take one fox at a time. The boat needed a fox in it to steer it across but will sink if two foxes were both on it. They crossed the river successfully. How?

Answer: They were on opposite sides of the river to start with, so the first fox crossed in the boat and handed it over to the 2nd fox to make the journey across, but in the other direction.

1. The person who makes it doesn’t want it, the person who buys it doesn’t use it, and the person who uses it doesn’t see it. What is it?

Answer: a coffin 

1. I’m at the beginning of the end, and the end of space and time. I surround every place and essential to creation. What am I?

Answer: The letter E 

1. John is six feet tall, he works at a butcher's, and he wears size eleven shoes. What does he weigh?

Answer: meat because he is a butcher 

1. I'm a creature with three eyes, lined up in a row. If my red eye opens, you must stop and not go. What am I?

Answer: a traffic light 

1. I'm a ball that rolls but can't be bounced, Inside your head is where I'm housed. I come in many different shades. What am I?

Answer: an eyeball 

Thank-you for joining us today. I hope you enjoyed this discussion and answering the riddles! The room will be closing within the next 5 minutes. 

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 15th, 2023

@SomebodySpicy13

Sounds like a script for a fun session!😃

Tagging, in case you missed this, @Georginahowe