How do you cultivate your resilience on a daily basis and in difficult times ?
Sorry if this is not the right place for this message. I am new here and my English is not perfect 😅
Hi,
I’m reaching out to talk about resilience. Lately, I’ve been feeling stuck in an endless spiral and it seems like I no longer have resilience in the face of difficulties.
I’d love to hear how you cultivate your resilience during tough times. Any tips, tricks, or personal stories you can share on this topic?
Thank you in advance for your responses :)
@Wupiles15
I wrote 3 pages to myself that I try to read each morning:
page 1: The first is "I am RedWell. I am not __ , ___ , ____ (all of the superficial things I am supposed to be, all of the bad things I have ever felt, negative stereotypes, everything I've been mad at myself for or others have been, mistakes I've mad, my mistakes are not the core of who I am)
page 2, "I am RedWell. What I really am is ____, ___ , ___ (then I listed all of the times that I've been a good guy, times I have been a good friend to somebody, times I have done good work, things I am proud of". Make this list very long, try to add to it every time you do something positive.
page 3, I list every person in my life who has not betrayed me. Just their first names. Doesn't matter if I am very close to them or just know them a little bit. I realized that seeing their names makes me focus on people who might become really great close friends, and makes me stop wasting time on people who have betrayed me, because they will probably do it again.
That is important to my resilience.