Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If you do something in your life, and you have absolutely nobody to share it with, did it actually happen?

User Profile: louman235
louman235 September 28th, 2014

I've had a long layoff (15 years) from performing as a guitarist due to various health issues. I've recently become healthy enough to start playing again and I scored a basic gig accompanying a singer/songwriter at a dive club in Hollywood. It was fun, and the show went off without a hitch. This was all last night. (9/26/2014)

Sadly today, I woke up knowing I had no one to share this experience with. I've tried to reach out to various acquaintances I have but no one was responding to me, or even willing to return a text. So the day was me all alone, and instead of being excited about this personal accomplishment, I had the feeling of.. why do I even bother?

Nobody cares, and I feel like most people and have no impact on the world, but I don't even have any impact on "so called friends".

All i feel right now is empty, and apathetic towards the remaining time I have alive.

I know not much of a question, but honestly, I think I'm just some kind of social pariah destined to live the rest of his days alone.

Feel free to call the Waambulance on me. I even hate myself for complaining about this shit as much as I do. If you've made it this far, thanks for reading, at least I guess maybe I can feel like I'm being heard if only this tiny bit.

3
User Profile: Annie01
Annie01 September 28th, 2014

Hi there.

It did happen. You did the gig. And you loved it, right ? Why not just do it for yourself ? You said that you had no one to share it with and then, what the point is in doing it ? *YOU* enjoyed it right ? There's no need to do thing, for others. Be proud, be excited, be happy, be glad that you did it, 'cause it's amazing. And I can't tell you what'll happen, maybe you'll find people to share it with, maybe not.But for now, just do it for you. No matter how lonely you think it sounds.

User Profile: Jahnavi0603
Jahnavi0603 September 28th, 2014

Hey.. U neeed not b sad or depressed abt ur survival...u r a great person nd u love whatever u r doing.. So u should b happy nd relaxed. Live for urslf.. I'll tell u...there was a point in my life wen i had nobody.. Not even a single person...but then eventually i realized that if i m not gonna love myself.. Nobody else will...i started doing things of my liking nd everything in which i felt good..nd then i jst stopped caring abt ppl...nd suddenly.. Out of no where.. Ppl came to me...started talking to me...nd today... I have frnds...nd i am happy...so...i guess u should jst love urslf...nd do wat u love to do... Nd yes...ppl are here to listen to you. :)

User Profile: Alatus
Alatus September 30th, 2014

I feel you. As a fellow artist I understand what it is to put your heart and soul into what you do (In your case music). I ask myself this question all the time when I'm making art, and sometimes it gets me down as well to have no one to show the things I've made and am proud of. But what you did is amazing, reguardless of who saw it. I hope you get to play again and again, and in time maybe develop friendships with people who understand what it is to make music. Wishing you well!