Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A letter I wrote to myself because of my history with sexual assault.

User Profile: Dinosaursrcool1313
Dinosaursrcool1313 April 23rd, 2021

I'm not really sure how to start this but, I'm just mortified that we are in this situation. You were sixteen, a sophomore in highschool and blindly in love. But what she did to you on June 8th, 2018 wasn't your fault. You said "no" twice.. and even gently pushed her off of you. There is nothing else you could have done to prevent that traumatic and exciting event from happening. Because of her you are afraid of seeing your own refection in the mirror, afraid of taking a shower because you had a panic attack while washing your hair, afraid of anything that references the number 18, 8, 16, or the year 2018 because your heart starts racing and you start breathing heavily. You spend up to 16 hours straight in your room because you are scared of your family noticing that something is wrong. You are constantly stressed out and breathing heavily, you have nightly anxiety attacks and heart palpitations. All these things aren't going anywhere any time soon but just remember.. it's not your fault. She mentally and physically used you and you shouldn't blame yourself for it. I love you ❤️

1
User Profile: Grace8402
Grace8402 April 24th, 2021

@Dinosaursrcool1313

Hey, I understand that this is a letter to yourself but I wanted to let you know that I'm glad that you are able to be compassionate with yourself and remind yourself that it wasn't your fault. You seem to have been through a lot and I can see that you are still experiencing the effects of what happened. And maybe it's a lot of emotions to process. I hope that it gets better for you and I pray for your healing. Feel free to reach out for support on 7 Cups. Take care and loads of love. ❤