Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello, hope to talk to people that understand and can relate to issues that I have.

User Profile: Ezmac22
Ezmac22 November 3rd, 2018

Im Ezmac22, I was born with a genetic retinal eye condition called retinitis pigmentosa. Its a retinal disease that eats away at my peripheral vision and has made me night blind. This has affected my confidence lev and really weakened my self esteem over the years. I feel like I will never find someone that will really accept me and appreaciate me. I go on quite a few dates and have dated several women recently but it always sits in the back of my head that they are going to leave when they find out about my eyes. I dont typically start off with hey im night blind and have poor peripheral vision, usually that would scare someone off right off the bat lol. I am still able to drive and work so i can support myself and I know i shouldnt feel this way but its hard when it effects everything in your life. Ive had to give up a lot of the dreams that i had and activities that i used to love because my eyes have made me so self conscious of someone noticing my issue. Ive tried my best to hide it my entire life and I have never had a chance to talk to someone about it. This disease has made me feel like im not good enough for anything or anyone. How do I come back from this? I used to be such a confident and happy guy until my vision started deteriorating. How can i expect anyone else to love me if I cant even love and accept myself? Im most own worst critic and am way too hard on myself. If you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

3
November 4th, 2018

@Ezmac22 Hi. I would think somebody who chooses/not-chooses you based on only your exterior qualities would not have a true relationship with you anyway. For me personally, true beauty starts from the heart and then gets reflected in the external appearances and external capabilities.

Wishes for you. :)

User Profile: Vanessagail
Vanessagail November 8th, 2018

You cant help it man that you are going thru this. Is there a lesson that can be learned in this? You don't need the chick who are so cold that they would treat you in such a way anyway. If you do decide to date you need somebody with heart and soul, somebody who sees beyond abilities or looks to inside. If you can't find that rare person then it's ok to be single. Desperation is a bad thing to show if you are dating. You don't want to attract heartbreakers. I agree with what the others say. Why not get a pet, a hobby, a friend, work on growing spiritually, learn to come to a place of acceptance with yourself and being single.Don't force anything. If it is meant to be God will sent them and if not you are not ready or some people do live single lives, hey its better than getting abused ever day. Hang in there buddy