Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

National Coffee Day: What have you bean up to? ☕

September 29th, 2022

_1664469542.20220929_212827_0000 (4).png

[Banner for National Coffee Day with the date it's celebrated, pictures of coffee cups, and people drinking the beverage]

Happy National Coffee Day!

National Coffee Day celebrates the diversity, quality and passion of the coffee sector. It's an opportunity for enthusiasts to share their love of this beverage and support the millions of farmers whose livelihoods depend on this aromatic plant.

The origins of coffee:

🤎No one knows exactly how or when coffee was discovered, although there are many legends about its origins.

🤎According to legend, Kaldi, a goatherd from the Ethiopian highlands, noticed that after eating the berries of a certain tree, his goats became so energetic that they could no longer sleep at night.

🤎Kaldi reported his findings to the abbot of the local monastery. The latter prepared a drink from the berries and found that it kept him awake during the long hours of evening prayer. The abbot shared his discovery with the other monks of the monastery, and knowledge of the energizing berries began to spread.

🤎As word spread eastward and coffee reached the Arabian Peninsula, a journey began that would take these beans all over the world.

🤎Later, many countries around the world celebrate their own national coffee days on various dates throughout the year.


Benefits of drinking coffee:


📜 According to a study published by Harvard University, coffee can also help fight depression and generally make people happier.


📜Coffee can help burn fat because it's considered a calorie-free beverage when drunk black, without milk or sugar.


📜Coffee is believed to be the largest source of antioxidants in the Western diet.


📜Coffee also contains a number of important nutrients, including niacin, magnesium (vitamin B3), potassium, manganese, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) and riboflavin (vitamin B2).


📜Coffee has also been shown to dramatically increase physical performance.


Here is a list of popular coffee drinks in the world:

_1664470047.Beige Brown Aesthetic Notes Paper Border.jpg

[Image with a list of popular coffee drinks around the world]

Sources:

International Coffee Day

Coffee Day

Most popular coffees in the world


_1664472980.2ae4b634eb8ab09b794f0b50aca9f30e.jpg_1664473012.2ae4b634eb8ab09b794f0b50aca9f30e.jpg_1664473055.2ae4b634eb8ab09b794f0b50aca9f30e.jpg



Questions:

☕ How do you take your coffee? Black or white? Sugar or no sugar?


☕ Do you like other foods or drinks when they are coffee flavored? How about coffee cake? Or coffee flavored milk?


☕ What are your favorite puns about coffee? clue


@Aileen1114117 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @BlueRiver5968 @ChildGoddessFlute @EmotionsListener @enigmaticsmile321 @FallandWinterPlease00 @Fristo @HealingTalk @Helpingheart23 @hiraxx @jujubears @LadyOrgasma @Lou73 @Meifeng @Merliah001 @MistyMagic @NicholasW @Paprika001 @SmileSravani @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @thandocilo @theboymoana @WarmLightXO @WorriedMagpie


Feedback & Ideas Form, share your ideas! here

If you're interested in joining the Hobby Zone team, apply here. We would love to have you on the team!


34
User Profile: LovingPeacefulHeart
LovingPeacefulHeart September 30th, 2022

@InternalAcceptance A fellow coffee drinker. 😉

October 3rd, 2022

@LovingPeacefulHeart

@InternalAcceptance

😉

have-coffee-have-time-for-coffee.gif

load more
User Profile: sweetrosa1987
sweetrosa1987 October 3rd, 2022

@Helpingheart23 Hello 😊. I see that this forum is for coffee lovers. But what about tea lovers? 🍵😍

October 3rd, 2022

@sweetrosa1987

This forum isn't just for coffee lovers. It's open to everyone. Are you saying there should be a thread for tea drinkers? Because that's a good idea! 😉

Important dates to remember:

📅 National Tea Day is April 21, 2023 🍵

📅 International Tea Day is May 21, 2023 🍵

stay-tuned-robertidk.gif

User Profile: sweetrosa1987
sweetrosa1987 October 5th, 2022

@Helpingheart23 YES 🥰😍 Please 😊? May you make sure that you tagged me in the forum when that day comes? Just in case I forgot? Thank you in advance. 😊😊😊😊♥️♥️♥️♥️

October 5th, 2022

@sweetrosa1987

bart-simpson-i-cant-promise.gif

User Profile: sweetrosa1987
sweetrosa1987 October 7th, 2022

@Helpingheart23 I have to zoom in to see the gif video. But okay 😊.

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: kindPeace6407
kindPeace6407 October 3rd, 2022

@Helpingheart23 thats true, drinking coffe has a lot of benifits for physical and psychological health , its a way of gainning energy to function, but also if we drink it moderaately , meaning not being addicted to it because if we started to drink without counting i think it will end by decreasing its benifit to our body , like any other types of addiction , but in general it has a lot of positive rewards on human health , by the way i love all types of coffee ...

October 3rd, 2022

@kindPeace6407

I'm glad you shared your views on coffee and its benefits 😊💛

You mentioned that you like all types of coffee, what do you drink most often?


load more

@Helpingheart23

_You would think of all people, I would have the knowledge, but unfortunately I missed this.

_I don't drink coffee, I love coffee flavored ice cream, and I have never heard a pun involving coffee, aside from that one joke in the movie Airplane involving black coffee.

October 8th, 2022

@PaigeTheOnlySentientCoffeeMugThatWeKnowOf

_You would think of all people, I would have the knowledge, but unfortunately I missed this.

its-okay-its-all-right-melissa-villasenor.gif

_I don't drink coffee, I love coffee flavored ice cream, and I have never heard a pun involving coffee, aside from that one joke in the movie Airplane involving black coffee.

I found it (Airplane! (1980) I take my coffee black)


load more
User Profile: Sherlben
Sherlben October 18th, 2022

I like caramel machiatto coffee