Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I've been in my "hobby" since 1996, and it seems that it is finally coming to an end.

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 April 29th, 2025

My Dad and I have been building and flying radio controlled planes since 1996.  But due to the age of my parents, and the fact we are getting ready to move, the planes can't come with us.

I wish the hobby wasn't coming to an end.  But I've been getting tired of it.  The main reasons why I got tired of it is because it was a lot of work, and my Dad wasn't helping as much anymore.  Also since I couldn't get connected with the local club.  Hard to explain why.  It had became a very lonely hobby.  Often times I started asking myself, "why am I still doing this?"   Just for myself?

1
User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 May 2nd, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024

wow you'd been committed to it for a very long time and that in itself deserves kudos <3