Okay to reiterate my stance on abortions, honestly, 3 months everywhere.
I come from countries and have lived in countries where abortion is illegal, but its not for nefarious reasons, or even religious, they mainly want to avoid preference for a male child. Mothers who have baby daughters at times get pressured by conservative families to get rid of them. Which is sad, cause most of the girls I am friends with are absolutely brilliant and more useful to society compared to their male counterparts.
If the above practice was not in place, and it didnt lead to a skewed sex ratio, in South Asian countries, among others, I would support abortion whole heartedly for mothers who don't want the child, for atleast 3 months.
I do understand the bureaucracy and the pressure women would face having the state and the government controlling their reproductive health is a nightmare no libertarian person wants for the society. It is just a step from banning all abortions, banning same sex marriage which I support, mainly cause its natural, alot of species exhibit homosexual behavior, and generally while I wish 3 months would remain the status quo, the government on principle should not interfere with women's reproductive health. The bureaucratic nightmare especially for teen moms would be a nightmare and can ruin their lives, for adults beyond 25, generally keep the child and fuck the slutshaming society.
Its not my place to make rules for other women's reproductive choices and there are enough living kids in the world, so I support abortion rights all the way for women, mainly cause the government should not intervene in that area, could lead to more evil.
@funnyWriter805 I would support abortion rights for my country if its under 1 -2 months and if they are not used to remove female babies from society, among other traits.
Every child is a blessing, and we just need to have a strong care system for kids. While I support women having full control over their reproductive health without interference from governments, I also believe every women should have all the kids they accidently have. I don't think its selfish to not have children, but I feel if they somehow survived the Plan B, contraceptives, birth control pills, let them happen and at best put them for adoption and fuck what society says about it.
@funnyWriter805 Generally in countries I have lived in, women get abortions cause they get pressured by their families and society if they are young and not married, cause it affects their dating choices. And for women in wedlock, its simply cause the inlaws or their families prefer a male child.
@funnyWriter805 They could end up being honor killed among other social ostracization, so generally its a nuanced subject, I am sure it is the same at times in USA minority communities.
@funnyWriter805 If the above pressure against women and society didnt exist, I support all children being born.
A good movie on this is Obvious Child. I like it, and I relate to the main character.
@funnyWriter805 it could be a result of poverty, and general life competition and extreme work stress rather than archaic laws, or sexism.
@funnyWriter805 and I am not for slutshaming, and no you are not going to hell and you are not a bad person if you have sex out of wedlock and get pregnant, but seriously read up on good sex ed. There are tons of options for both men (vasectomy) and females (condoms, birth control pills, plan B pills) , you have alot of solutions before you reach the questionable, is it a live being stage. Sincerely, if you think you are old enough to have sex, you are old enough to read and understand and practice safe sex.
I also think abstinence should be the norm for women before 18. And men. You will survive, its not rocket science. This is not for religious reasons, I dont think people should not have sex, I just think your brains are still developing before 18, frankly even 25, avoid it.
If you are above 25, you can do whatever you want. Have sex, have a child or two out of wedlock, be a single parent, just be you.
I think virginity is an outdated concept that has reached mythical proportions of societal control, but I believe celibacy and abstinence is good for you, and all people under 2, hormones affect your brain, you are not missing out much, sex is ridiculously easy, if you can get into college you can figure out how to have good sex.