The life of a Dad trying to keep myself and my life together after my daughter got adopted after I was in an in abusive relationship.
23rd August 2021. I lost my daughter to adoption a year and 10 days ago after being in an abusive relationship in which my ex told the social services it was me abusing her. I tried all I could to get my daughter out of care and failed. Everyday is a struggle as I blame myself. I am socially awkward and have anxiety talking to anyone including family and friends. I have become a shadow of myself and stay in my room when returning from work and always avoid conversation with people. I have broken up from my recent girlfriend over arguing as I'm still a mess especially since she is now pregnant and it has made my thoughts of regret, sadness and anger back. I want to love this baby as much as I did my daughter and I will not allow my feelings to get in the way of that but I will always feel sad and guilty that my other daughter isn't with me. I need help to try change my feelings. I have days where I have a good day and feel guilty as i only gave good days when i try not think about the past. I want to remember my child and think about her but not fall apart everytine I do. My ex girlfriend who was abusive and the child's mum is pregnant with another guys baby and she is getting tockeep the child which is killing me more as I was abused and lost my child due to her lying and saying it was me. I don't see a way I can get my life back on track but I have to for my unborn baby. I want to fix things with my unborn babys mum and have a happy life but everyday I'm hanging by a thread to not break down.
Hi @Jordyboy94. Hugs to you. I hope as you go on sorting yourself and building your life, one day, your eldest daughter and her new baby sibling will be there, together, to greet you when you comeback from work. It may not be happening now but no one knows what the future holds. I like to share these two quotes with you:
.