Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tulpas/Imaginary friends (Quick thought dump)

User Profile: Little09
Little09 September 30th

Have you ever made a tulpa before? Basically an imaginary friend. I have, and it wasn’t on purpose. He was supportive and listened to me like no other. I made him when I was young and he went away for a few years and came back when things got bad. At that point I got very worried because he wasn’t who I made him out to be originally. He was scary. Basically an embodiment of intrusive/invasive thoughts. I developed severe paranoia, until I realized something needed to change. I tried my best to understand him through tons of poetry, and research and finally discovered who he was, why he was here, and how he came to be. I ended up turning him “nice” instead of “evil” and eventually he peacefully went away and I never had to worry about it again. If you have ever had an imaginary friend, I would love to hear about them!

2
User Profile: TA12
TA12 October 1st

@Little09 

i made up a whole imaginary world for about 9 years it was full of things i wish i had i was in deep depression and i couldn't treat with anyone - although i really needed to - i made up many many characters and lived in it for multiple years and i had problems focusing on the real life ....but fortunately - and thank God- when i improved my relationship with fam and friends i mostly got rid of that toxic imaginary world....i sometimes run away to it during stressful times and self-doubts but i am trying to find new coping mechanisms like me writing to you now!

User Profile: Little09
Little09 OP October 1st

@TA12 Im happy you shared your experience with me! I can relate to the disassociation from reality when your mind is full of your creation, something you put so much thought, energy, and often times comfort into that it seems to genuinely belong. Sometimes feeling even more real than the real people around you. It’s very comforting, but can get scary too. Im very glad you’re exploring new ways to cope! In my opinion, you’re taking great steps into the right direction!

P.S. Thank you again for sharing, honestly it makes me really happy to know i’m not alone in this :)

load more