Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Letting Go - A poem about acceptance

User Profile: ZoesQuietWhispers
ZoesQuietWhispers August 27th, 2025

I watched you change,

from an option to the choice. 

I watched you be chosen, 

when you hadn't believed. 

I watched you experience 

love in it's purest form,

But now it's time

for me to let go. 


I did all that I needed to do.

I played my role in the story:

tried to make you feel special;

help you when you needed it

and gave you someone to talk to. 

I watched through your 

highs and lows,

but I should let go. 


I gave you space, 

because you were starting to change,

And for you it would be weird

to be friends with someone like me.

You found more people like you,

and we began to drift apart. 

I never really mattered,

I need to let go.


I always saw you as a friend,

a mentor at times as well,

but you never felt the same.

Its okay cause you listened

when I needed it the most

and talked me out of death. 

I should let you go,

but I can't.


You will always be apart of me,

whether you know it or not

because you changed me.

And through you, 

I found a fire, 

found my flame. 

Maybe I would let you go,

but I would never forget you. 


This is one of my favourite poems I've written and it's about acceptance to put it simply. I wrote it about a close friend of mine that I began to lose contact with last year. Thought I should post it because even though I'm a little bit sad about being less close to him, I know that it'll be okay. 

3
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 27th, 2025

@ZoesQuietWhispers

What a beautiful poem!

Thank you for sharing.

The honesty.

The realisation.

The need to move on but the hurt it causes.

Meeting someone who sparks something in you, yet having to still let go 

This poem resonates so much.

Its flows effortlessly.

💕💜

1 reply
User Profile: ZoesQuietWhispers
ZoesQuietWhispers OP August 27th, 2025

Thank you! That means a lot.

load more
August 28th, 2025

@ZoesQuietWhispers This was lovely and I enjoyed reading this. Thank you so much for posting this. 🙂🤗❤️