TW(Whispers of the Garden)
🌹 to My Absent Grandparents 🏡
To where my smiles once bloomed, a haven pure and bright,
I walked today, my souls, with steps that bore the weight of night.
To childhood's sanctuary, to the home where warmth once stayed,
You were my guiding light, and now absence casts its heavy shade.
I found the garden, my dear Grandpa, Grandma, the secret of my soul,
Scattering sorrow now, no fragrance sweet, as if in losing all control.
And the beloved tree, your favourite branch, it wept with silent grace,
With parchment leaves, a lament sung, a mournful, echoing embrace.
It mourned its missing, oh the essence of kindness from the past,
And how the light had vanished from its shade,
the pureness that could not last.
My yearning overflowed, and in your hallowed memory so deep,
A gentle breeze swept by, a mournful tune where shadowed secrets sleep.
As if the yellowed leaves, in comforting embrace, did softly call,
They whispered: "Do not weep, for love's an inheritance that will never fall"
I felt their sorrow deep, a heavy burden held within their core,
As my own heart cried out, with tears upon my cheeks, forevermore.
Even the white wall, witness to our joy, now wore a pallid hue,
Filled with apprehensions, a sadness that like frailty grew.
The faces that were once my grace, now bitter root of my despair,
They steal the light from my spirit, with a longing I can barely bear.
Where is that noble smile?
Oh, voice of the spirit when it moans,
The warmth of an embrace that settled every trial,
calming all my groans. Those genuine prayers,
that whispered grace, that once would softly hum,
And shield my heavy heart from cares, from sorrows yet to come.
I search for your faces, in every passing gaze I seek a sign,
In every bustling crowd, a glimpse of something once so truly mine.
In old familiar places, where our memories intertwine and gleam,
I search for traces of your presence, lost within a fading dream.
But reason calms me, whispering that this aching, profound desire,
Is the very essence of your being, the secret fueling my inner fire.
I'll make this sharp longing a driving force, a love that cannot cease,
For you are my peace, my haven, my enduring, tranquil, soul's release.
By Tulipsmile
@Tulipsmile
The beautiful tones, the tone of sentimentality.
Memories.
An ode to good times.
Precious people.
Thank you for sharing 💕

@Tulipsmile
I can understand the pain. It really feels strange that once some people are there, even though we don't talk to them much, there is a sense of fulfillment that if we visit our village or grandparent's home someone will be happy. At sudden you hear the news and suddenly there's a void and we are forced to see those little short clips of good memories. Yet you don't shed a tear knowing people will judge as you have to act strong and independent infront of others.
Sending you hugs...

@TempMe
Thank you for your empathy and for your words truly appreciate that 😇🙏
I believe that poetry is seen differently by everyone, as each person reflects their own experiences on the words. To be honest, the pain I expressed here is quite different from what you mentioned. My grandparents were my "guiding light" and my bond with them was deep and constant. This poem is my way of letting my heart cry freely rather than acting strong.if I couldn't cry sometimes because I need to act strong to be someone support but for me I find it ok .But I want to tell you: you are a fighter and a persistent soul. I wish you all the success and happiness in the New Year. Never give up, and don't let the words of others discourage you. You will discover your true self in time, so do not worry about that.
Thank you again for your support and for sharing your thoughts