Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

ek shauhar hai mera... kya naam du mai? / What Name Shall I Give Him?

User Profile: wantoceanmoon
wantoceanmoon July 25th

Ek shauhar hai mera, kya naam du mai

Mera naam leker kabhi pukara nahi hai

Rahta hai dur, bhut dur ek shher me,

Bualata hai mujko roj naya naam leker,

Pyar karta hai mujse per jatata nahi hai,

Khud pucho, fir bhi batata nahi hai,

Ankhe hai uski bahut choti choti

Ankho se bhi wo dikhata nahi hai

Kahu kya mai usko, samaj me na aaye

Mujko bhi dena hai ek naam usko,

Dariya kahu ya samunder kahu mai

Ya kah du mai usko tadpata dil

Badal kahu mai ya baris ki bunde

Ek shauhar hai mera, kya naam du mai…

Ja raha tha jis din wo chor ker mujko

Lipti thi us se, per royi nahi thi,

Tadpa tha dil per tuti nahi thi

The aanshu mere, ankho me uske

Punam ki raato me samunder ho jaise

Khamosh tha wo, bhigi thi palke

Badhne laga wo, chorker jab mujko

Hum bicharne lage, hum tadpane lage

Na wo ruk paya, na mai rok payi

Ek shauhar hai mera, kya naam du mai…

Karta hai bate roj phone per bhi

Do betiya hai hamari, Nayan aur Riddhi

Bahut der der tek unse karta hai bate

Puchta hai mujse duniya ki bate

Mai wife hu uski, na koi fikar hai

Kabhi haal mera pucha na mujse

Bus kahata thik ho meri pyari betiyo ki mummy

Kaise ye kah du, mai kaisi hu tum bin

Lagta hai jaise sab kuch hai fika,

Koi rang nahi hai, koi sang nahi hai

Jab tum nahi ho, to duniya virani

Mai pyasi nadi hu tum baris ka pani

Jab kahti hu unse, kaise ho tum bhi

Isharo se kahta, bus... bolti hai ankhe:

"Zinda hu yaha sirf, jaan ho tum hamari"

Mai kahti hu, mai hu

Wo kahta hai hum hai

Milna hai ek din yahi aas hai bhi

Wo mujse hai baki, mai usme hu baki

Ek shauhar hai mera, kya naam du mai…


"Dil se nikle kuch lafz... Just wanted to share a piece of my heart here today. ❤️"

 English version=====

this is English version translated by Ai bt its orginal form,

its just translated



 

What Name Shall I Give Him?

I have a husband… what name shall I give him?

He has never once called me by my true name.

He lives far away, in a distant city,

Yet calls me each day with a new love name.

He loves me so deeply, but never shows it,

Ask him yourself, he still keeps it unsaid.

His eyes are so small, so gentle and quiet,

Yet even through them, no secret is read.

What should I call him? I ponder in silence—

I, too, wish to give him a name of his own.

Shall I call him a river, or call him the sea?

Or name him the aching heart in my chest?

Is he a cloud, or a raindrop falling?

I have a husband… what name shall I give him?

On the day he left and walked away,

I clung to his side, but I did not cry.

My heart was breaking, but I stood strong.

The tears were mine, but they shone in his eyes,

Like an ocean swelling beneath a full moon night.

He stood in quiet, his lashes all wet.

As he stepped away, leaving me behind,

We began to part, our hearts began to bleed.

He couldn't stay, and I couldn't stop him.

I have a husband… what name shall I give him?

He calls every day and speaks on the phone,

To our two little daughters, Nayan and Riddhi.

He speaks to them for hours on end,

Then asks me of news from all over the world.

I am his wife, yet no worry is shown,

He never once asks how I am on my own.

He just softly whispers, "Are you fine, my sweet daughters' mother?"

How do I tell him how I live without him?

It feels as though everything has lost its light—

No color remains, no companion in sight.

When you are not here, the world is desolate.

I am a thirsty river, you are the rain.

And when I ask softly, "How are you doing?"

He answers in gestures… his eyes say it all:

"I am merely surviving here… you are my life."

I say, "I am."

He says, "We are."

Holding fast to the hope that we'll meet again one day.

A part of him lives in me, and I remain in him.

I have a husband… what name shall I give him?

"Dil se nikle kuch lafz... Just wanted to share a piece of my heart here today. ❤️"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3

Thanks for sharing @wantoceanmoon ✨

Sensing good vibes ✨

User Profile: Behopeful7621
Behopeful7621 September 8th

@wantoceanmoon Beautiful and painful I suppose. I hope whatever issues you are going through are sorted out

User Profile: SimpleWriter10
SimpleWriter10 September 15th

Hi @wantoceanmoon

Mujhe aapka/aapki kavita sunke khush hoon, ki aap aapne vicharo ko iss tarike likh payi.

Sorry if I have said anything that's wrong/incorrect. I'm impressed by our poetic language of being able to express such an emotion. Continue writing such poems, I'll be glad to read them.

Have an amazing day ahead!!

Hope that you take extremely great care of yourself!!

Yours faithfully,

Writer