Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

IDk if this is consider a poem BUT : Thorns to the Rose by Mae (me)

February 22nd, 2024

Your love hurt me it was the thorn to the rose. 

The rose was beautiful but the thorn hurt. 

All the happy memories were the rose. 

The rose faded. 

The thorn rose we faded. 

We both got hurt, and the thorn was stabbing us. 

My heart is missing the love I once had, remembering the rose. 

My brain remembered all the thorns, letting all the rose petals disappear. 

The thorns are growing. 

We became friends but that made the thorns worse. 

Now I’m in my bed wondering what I could’ve done to make this different. 

Thorns keep on stabbing me everywhere I go. 

I must keep my head up and let more rose petals grow. 

The rose keeps fading, and the thorn keeps growing. 

We were the perfect rose but all the thorns grew. 

The thorns made it hard to trust. 

But without thorns, we don't learn. 

Without you I feel lost I feel like I lost the rose to all my thorns. 

The rose is always stronger than the thorns. 

Roses always have thorns. 

1
User Profile: MidwesternCalmSeeker
MidwesternCalmSeeker February 25th, 2024

This is a lovely poem, in prose form. 

My favorite line was: But without thorns, we don't learn.