living traumatic events throught poetry huh
the path
don't follow me, through shadows drear,
where pain persists and sorrow's near,
lakes of tears and fields of woe
in this realm, I must go.
stay here, amidst the sun's warm glow,
love others, let your kindness show,
but don't you dare, in darkness dwell,
for where I tread, it's a somber spell.
in realms of death where serpents hiss -
a battlefield, a heart amiss,
three decades long, a brutal score,
i'll bear this burden forevermore.
i'll leave so you may love again,
find joy in life, let love sustain,
i'll face the shadows, endure the strife,
so you may lead a happier life.
@uglystoryy
That was so nicely written!!👍
Blessings, Day
@uglystoryy I'm not very clever at understanding poems meanings. Is it about giving up your loved one, setting them free not to drag them down with you?? Or were you abused for 3 decades? Either one gives you a giant tiny hug ❤
hello!~ thank you for your interest in my poetry ❤️ i left it very open-minded so you can get your own interpretation of this poem and to relate to the character as well as to the ‘loved one’ who is asked not to follow him.
but in case if you wonder about the original plot, then the lyrical character suffers from a failed relationship and finds the reason for its failure in himself. having realized this, he warns his loved one, telling her not to follow him, because where he is there are ‘lakes of tears’ (most likely of his own tears, which he cried from a broken heart) and ‘30 years of war’ (it must be something very exhausting - perhaps he fights with himself for any decisions he have to do). so in the end he decides that it’s better for him to leave and let the love of his life be happy.
Wow!
This is one of the best and most meaningful poems i have ever seen! I wonder how much your soul has suffered to write something like this😔. I really would be interested in knowing the story behind this in a judgement-free, safe and secure environment for you since I can also relate to this poem perfectly. So if you feel comfortable enough, you can reach me ❤️
Safe.